Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe the club could have applied say a fiver dicount to those fans who were a Bronze member? Would have taken the sting out of those Cat A games as would have been just an £8 increase and would have meant A's and B's would have been the same.

Could have been made nearly self financing by charging a small amount more for Bronze and coupled with the fact its a load of money upfront and no dount a much higher take up.

Kinda season ticket light........

This is a cracking idea.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The U18 pricing removing the U10 category is a joke.

I've made great efforts to get my 6 yr old lad into BHAFC which isn't the easiest living in the midlands (and if PB had his way, he would have refused him entry and ID checked him at the away games he's been to). Yeah, yeah I know TB has sunk £300 Million in but given we get an extra £100 million in TV cash alone next year, Is it really necessary to mug off parents with young kids?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I agree and do sympathise with the OP. Irrespective of modern football, bloom making money back, comparing to others blah blah £45 is still a lot for 90 minutes. I also live in the south west and its bare minimum of £120 per home game!

I'd urge anyone who won't pay these prices to get watching non league. Standard may not be as good but it really is good fun. I usually pay £3-£10 and it's social, can have a beer on the terrace, see some different places and some cracking grounds. Many do it now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The U18 pricing removing the U10 category is a joke.

I've made great efforts to get my 6 yr old lad into BHAFC which isn't the easiest living in the midlands (and if PB had his way, he would have refused him entry and ID checked him at the away games he's been to). Yeah, yeah I know TB has sunk £300 Million in but given we get an extra £100 million in TV cash alone next year, Is it really necessary to mug off parents with young kids?

Given Albions history and the lost generation of fans, whilst in the wilderness years.
It's the kids that are needed for the next phase in the club's support evolution IMOH :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we hadn't been promoted and the first match had been Burton at home this problem wouldn't have arisen. #BarberOut

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given Albions history and the lost generation of fans, whilst in the wilderness years.
It's the kids that are needed for the next phase in the club's support evolution IMOH :thumbsup:

Research done by a university DULLARD reveals the average age of a PL STH is 42

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Research done by a university DULLARD reveals the average age of a PL STH is 42

As a matter of curiosity, Do you think the number could be wrong (slightly high) on the basis Man u and Liverpool have season ticket holders that are 112 and have actually died and passed down the ticket to the next generation rather than waiting in the queue?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Weren't single match tickets last season around £35-38 depending on where you sit? That's what I remember paying whenever I can afford to get back to the Amex 4/5 times a season.

An extra £10 per match whilst a shame is to be expected and will be justified by the stadium selling out most weeks. With the cap on away tickets set at £30 for next season why don't you just go to a couple more away games (obviously getting tickets may be a problem) and cut out a few home games and the average should even itself out? Otherwise continue to borrow season tickets as before??

I paid £40 for a ticket for the Blackburn game last season (East Stand lower Row D)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With the cap on away tickets set at £30 for next season why don't you just go to a couple more away games (obviously getting tickets may be a problem) ??
Absolutely! All those people who can afford to go to more games than you can will be the ones with the loyalty points who will be allowed to buy the tickets, won't they?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Absolutely! All those people who can afford to go to more games than you can will be the ones with the loyalty points who will be allowed to buy the tickets, won't they?

No other way of the club doing it though. It's not the club's fault that I can't afford to go to many games and therefore didn't have many loyalty points.

Some people just need to stop bloody moaning.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I have sympathy for the op and am in a similar boat but expensive tickets are an inevitable consequence of the club's success.
Kids for £25 really is a p*sstake though, if true. And not in the club's long term interests

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's called a joke dear, maybe you should make one or two occasionally? :safeway:

I seem to have lots of thumbs up with my critical comments of you, you accuse me of lacking humour, you throw rainbow flags and limp wrists about as 'smileys', as far as I can see there is only one drama queen around here :tosser:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I seem to have lots of thumbs up with my critical comments of you, you accuse me of lacking humour, you throw rainbow flags and limp wrists about as 'smileys', as far as I can see there is only one drama queen around here :tosser:

Ooooooo thumbs :wozza:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not a problem limited to the Albion and the saddest part is with all the TV deals around there really is no need for prices to be anything north of £25 yet more and more money finds its ways into players and agents pockets and tickets continue to rise. Any price that stops anyone going to games is not a good thing and I really feel for a generation of kids and adults who are now getting priced out of supporting their team

Yeah and how many of them I wonder mmmm?
No need to charge big money for tickets when you receive fack loads from sky and BT :)

This comment might carry some merit if, like Arsenal, we were making fortunes and the owners had the profits.

As I'm sure you are aware, the situation is very different.

Yes, there are still moans about our lack on signings on other threads.

All costs associated with football are crazy, but blaming Barber for this is obscene

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here