Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I know that's what he said and I want to believe it, my theory is we are looking to sell the club and trying to make us look more attractive financially and that's what PB job is.
It's just a gut feeling, I only hope I am wrong.

My theory is that Tony Bloom didn't become a multi millionaire by wasting money. He has always said he wanted the club to be sel sufficient. El Pres will tell you that less than half of the Prem clubs are in the black.

The hotel and IKEA are part of the long term plan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Out of interest who else thinks and let's be totally honest here think the club only have a hardcore fan base of around 8-10k ? When the brown stuff hits the fan I can almost visualise the faces that would be standing around me at some northern hole of a ground. The club really don't want to alienate these fans just because they have had a bit of success of late.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's a Tottenham fan but then I think everyone knows that however he has been with us over 5 years. I'm not necessarily keen on everything he does but I'm convinced we are in a better position because he is here than we would be without him. As others have mentioned, he reports to the Board and ultimately the Chairman whom we know is a lifelong fan.

Who he supports is pretty irrelevant. We have a squad of players, the vast majority of whom support other teams but that doesn't mean we don't support them.

As for your customer retention comment, where exactly are they going wrong when you look at the hard evidence.

I have first hand experience of his poor customer retention, if he had any understanding of Brighton fans past he would have empathy at the least, let's just say there is none.We have customer retention currently because of on the pitch results, let's wait and see hopefully we will be in the Premier league forever and our customer retention will never be tested!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out of interest who else thinks and let's be totally honest here think the club only have a hardcore fan base of around 8-10k ? When the brown stuff hits the fan I can almost visualise the faces that would be standing around me at some northern hole of a ground. The club really don't want to alienate these fans just because they have had a bit of success of late.

I reckon 18,000 (actual attendees), but we would have to be a poor Championship club for a few seasons.

Talk of 40,0000 and needing an enlarged Amex is based on perennial PL football, with regular home wins (Championship seasons 2015/16 and 2016/17).

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
One week. That's all it would take to change obscene ticket prices across football. One weekend when nobody attends any PL matches. Sky and BT don't have a product, if fans are not in the ground, at any ground, it would be a powerful message, and you can bet PL and TV would listen and want their product back asap. Won't happen. But it could.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Not bothering to read previous pages. 100% OP. The world has gone mad. anyone who says otherwise is a a complacent ****

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Chelsea lads I know haven't been for years not because they have stopped following their club, the financial commitment is to expensive for the average lad who works on a construction site or similar After the rent or whatever is paid plus other bills etc £100 for a home game cannot be justified would hate to see us go down that path.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's already served the club for five years, outlasting the initial personal attacks when he got the blame for everything that the entire Board (including TB) decisions.

Well let's hope he remembers we had empty seat's not long ago and everyone is a friend of the Albion especially the longer serving fans, who will be here for up to 7/8/9 even 10 times longer than he has been.

My theory is that Tony Bloom didn't become a multi millionaire by wasting money. He has always said he wanted the club to be sel sufficient. El Pres will tell you that less than half of the Prem clubs are in the black.

The hotel and IKEA are part of the long term plan.

Okay but will they be in the Chinese deal!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not bothering to read previous pages. 100% OP. The world has gone mad. anyone who says otherwise is a a complacent ****

I think that often these days with transfer fees. £75m for Lukaku who couldn't lace the boots of genuinely world class Ronaldo or Suarez.

It's not irrelevant to the Albion. That hyper inflation filters its way down to lower levels, as has been pointed out by several clubs this summer.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have first hand experience of his poor customer retention, if he had any understanding of Brighton fans past he would have empathy at the least, let's just say there is none.We have customer retention currently because of on the pitch results, let's wait and see hopefully we will be in the Premier league forever and our customer retention will never be tested!!

Customer retention is pretty much always about what happens on the pitch. Look at the crowds and how they have changed as we have gone up or down the leagues.

I've exchanged emails on various things with him and not always agreed with what he has stated but I won't stop supporting the club or going because of that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm going to need more Pringles.

While I find them I'd just like to make the point that this is the "promised land". The players and Chris get to test themselves against the best, TV pays the bill but owns you like a pimp and everyone else pays through the nose, fights each other for away tickets and has their away days dictated by a television producer. We all knew this was coming, if you didn't you haven't been paying attention.

For me getting there was always going to be better than being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well let's hope he remembers we had empty seat's not long ago and everyone is a friend of the Albion especially the longer serving fans, who will be here for up to 7/8/9 even 10 times longer than he has been.

Okay but will they be in the Chinese deal!!

Attack the Albion, but it's a mistake to personalise this as a BARBER matter.

Tony Bloom would and does have the ultimate say on major issues such as ticket pricing strategy. Because he's 'one of our own' and immensely generous, complainers vent their anger at Barber.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I still don't quite grasp why you're still so interested having made it so clear over the shirt thing that you wouldn't be spending any more on the club etc etc

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Attack the Albion, but it's a mistake to personalise this as a BARBER matter.

Tony Bloom would and does have the ultimate say on major issues such as ticket pricing strategy. Because he's 'one of our own' and immensely generous, complainers vent their anger at Barber.
Hi Paul :wave: seriously though Barber and TB look the best of mates these days which is a bit concerning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey. Caterpillar falls asleep and wakes to find himself a butterfly. 'Who stole my cabbages? I don't know how to fly!'

FFS. Seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here