Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Yes.....and i'm sure you will agree that its an attack on a generation of potential Albion supporters..very surprised at this and seems so short sighted
Totally agree. The club has made great pains to try and encourage the next generations of BHA fans and this seem to go against this concept. My kids don't fit into the Under 10 category now but am sure I've been buying in the Under 16 category (which is also no longer available) or was I imagining it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope i don't get there early...i'm working normally..sunday kickoffs excepted...selfie? never taken one in my life ..£300 in the club shop? Cough!! ..Paying for my transport..nope they don't pay for mine..i do pay them for the car park though..yep i do tell peeps how lovely the Amex is...1 out of 10?
I guess I should also have mentioned 'moaning about stuff that hasn't happened yet' :rolleyes:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That's total matchday ticket income, this thread is about increased matchday ticket prices. There are c. 23,000 ST, c. 3000 away already factored in, so the increased prices relate to c. 4000 seats max x say £8 increase = 32,000 extra revenue per match.
*all figures approx.

My reply was to a more general point about the importance of match day income, albeit your figures likewise suggest we are talking marginal gains in the overall finances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I recall someone calculating that if just the EXTRA money earned by the Premiership with the last TV deal was spent on reducing ticket prices, every game could be free to supporters. Whilst an extreme concept it perhaps undermines the argument that it is necessary to charge inflated ticket prices. It is lazy and easy to sting the loyal fan and then spend the extra TV money on ever more inflated players' wages.

Maybe the club could have applied say a fiver dicount to those fans who were a Bronze member? Would have taken the sting out of those Cat A games as would have been just an £8 increase and would have meant A's and B's would have been the same.

Could have been made nearly self financing by charging a small amount more for Bronze and coupled with the fact its a load of money upfront and no dount a much higher take up.

Kinda season ticket light........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bottom line is you reap what you sow.

We have chased the holy grail of the premier league and now we are there, we will find out that it is not geared for the normal fan. It is geared for a corporate globalised market that frankly does care one jot about fans. The switching of games to stupid times have told us that for the last couple of years.

It's not the game some of us were brought up on.

Maybe for the majority, that is great, maybe for the rest it is not. But that is life's in modern football.

Still we get to see some of the worlds best players ...and
who knows, we may beat a few of the teams. I can't see where many wins are coming from but it may be fun trying...who knows.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whilst an extreme concept it perhaps undermines the argument that it is necessary to charge inflated ticket prices. It is lazy and easy to sting the loyal fan and then spend the extra TV money on ever more inflated players' wages.

The loyal fan , mostly , is rewarded by season tickets have been relatively flat in price for the last 6 years for adults, u18s and u10s.
The inflated players wages (those 5 year contracts for Dunk, Knockaert and Stephens), transfer fees (£9m so far on just 2 players), training ground, and ongoing cost of the Amex have all been paid for by Bloom otherwise we'd be in a right old pickle.
One season in the Prem won't fix all that.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The loyal fan , mostly , is rewarded by season tickets have been relatively flat in price for the last 6 years for adults, u18s and u10s.
The inflated players wages (those 5 year contracts for Dunk, Knockaert and Stephens), transfer fees (£9m so far on just 2 players), training ground, and ongoing cost of the Amex have all been paid for by Bloom otherwise we'd be in a right old pickle.
One season in the Prem won't fix all that.

Agree. I wasn't so much criticising Brighton who after all have only just joined the Prem and so cant be responsible for what it has become nor be expected to swim against the tide but more that fans are generally being squeezed more and more simply to pay the ever increasing wages that have now become simply absurd. Only if clubs collectively change this mind-set will the cost of watching one's team ever become sustainable. And only if fans, collectively, stand up to the people running the clubs will change ever materialise.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I recall someone calculating that if just the EXTRA money earned by the Premiership with the last TV deal was spent on reducing ticket prices, every game could be free to supporters. Whilst an extreme concept it perhaps undermines the argument that it is necessary to charge inflated ticket prices. It is lazy and easy to sting the loyal fan and then spend the extra TV money on ever more inflated players' wages.

I read something like this, to do with the new multi-billion pound Chinese tv deal. It would allow every premier league club to fill every stadium to the brim, for every single game, for FREE, and also give each fan £50 (don't remember whether that was per match or for the season) and they would still make the same amount as they do now.

Just want to add on - £25 for a 5 year old is absolutely shocking. Doesn't affect me as my lad has a ST, but I think the most I paid for him away last season was a tenner. They're kids ffs. Should be cheap as chips (or cheaper).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Owner who's put in millions after millions is screwing over fans for tickets he can sell twice over. FFS get real.

All you lot moaning I bet you still f@@k off on holiday each year spending hundreds. Don't go on holiday and spend it on following your team just like many others. Get over yourselves.

I am NOT moaning I am sympathising with someone who is less well off than me . I am a season ticket holder and have not looked at what I paid on that ticket for the last x years, I just pay it because it gives me pleasure. What I am saying is that in the context of the money coming in this is small potatoes and perhaps it would be better not to do it. So using your words go 'f@@k yourself' and don't try to tell me how to spend my money. Piltdown man ?? wasn't that a sham?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bottom line is you reap what you sow.

We have chased the holy grail of the premier league and now we are there, we will find out that it is not geared for the normal fan. It is geared for a corporate globalised market that frankly does care one jot about fans. The switching of games to stupid times have told us that for the last couple of years.

It's not the game some of us were brought up on.

Maybe for the majority, that is great, maybe for the rest it is not. But that is life's in modern football.

Still we get to see some of the worlds best players ...and
who knows, we may beat a few of the teams. I can't see where many wins are coming from but it may be fun trying...who knows.

and yet this is so difficult to grasp.

Just checked with my inflation calculator and the last time we got promoted to the top league the amount would be £7.90 now that was after a 50% rise the season before. And i don't suppose the tv money was as much as today. Happy to pay 3 times ie around £25 so thats me out the game,can only hope for a couple of relegation's to get back in the real world:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here