Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moments of Sporting Perfection

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I am not a huge rugby fan, but I have always been awestruck by this bar-bars try

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

The most electric 20 minutes of cricket I've ever witnessed.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The entire 2005 Ashes series.

Never has there been a sporting series which awoke the hitherto ambivalent public to something amazing which took place all summer long. No quarter was asked by either team, none was given.

Australia, still riding high on being arguably one of the best cricketing teams; no, best sporting teams ever, and England with a couple of upstart maverick swashbucklers, a bowling attack to finally challenge the Aussies, and a captain with more belligerence than much of what had gone before. Given the context of the matches, the spectacle - made by the players, spectators and broadcasters alike (all played their part) - made for something quite special which has yet to be repeated, and probably won't be for a long time yet.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

The most electric 20 minutes of cricket I've ever witnessed.

Whilst the page was loading to reveal the content I was assuming it would be this.

Electrifying.

I had a chat with Donald at the county ground a couple of seasons back and was visibly shaking. He asks if I was okay and I had to explain that it was a bit like meeting Darth Vader.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here