Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walton and Hersham revisited.

5th of August the mighty Mile Oak travel to Walton and Hersham in the fa cup would take a 0-0:moo:

Brings back memories of BHA trip there back in 73??? Any others have memories of that day:wink:

Attachments

• walton hersham.jpg
    walton hersham.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 620

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know Walton is in our U23 squad, but what is Hersham up to these days?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think that was the day we got of the train 600+ fans went the wrong way to shock of some very posh residents and they decide to play 300 a side football across some very nice lawns. Was funny at the time but now I feel a bit embarrassed.
Game was not that exciting and then getting hammered in the replay.
I think we were in the middle of three day week which may affected the replay kick off time.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It certainly was the 3 day week time. The replay was on Wednesday afternoon, we were playing school football on Dyke Road. Supporter passes by after game, we ask score. 0-4 was response and we all laughed, good joke. Guy got quite stroppy that we didn't believe him..

Postscript was the infamous 2-8 v Bristol Rovers on the following Saturday. As all the W&H goals were near end of game, Albion conceded 12 goals at home in under 90 minutes of playing time. Cue Mr. Clough on TV...

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Only ground I've ever been "ejected" from

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Remember going to that game, a leafy suburb that know one knew were it was exactly,, remember getting of the train with about another 500 Brighton fans, and a elderly couple innocently trying to drive slowly through the arriving mob having there car kicked to bits,, not good,, game was a very boring 0-0 draw with the tiny ground so packed it was hard to find a spot to actually see the pitch or even a part of the playing area,,, didn't see the replay but I think unbelievable shock at the score line was most peoples reaction,,, then a few days later the infamous 2-8 trashing by Bristol rovers, stayed to the very end of that game when most of the crowd had long disappeared, and have never left a game early since however boring or disappointing with the thought if you could stay to the end of that Bristol rovers game you can stay for anything !!

No one calls you the Cockney Cowboys Jimmy

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's why should never be arrogant as we have had dark days as well as great days remember were e came from.
Unfortunately there are many nouveau Albion fans who have no idea about the Walton and Hersham/Sutton United days.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Still scarred from that replay. I was in the navy and got the train from Portsmouth that got delayed of course. Got to the ground late, asked friends score, and I really thought they were winding me up. Still hurts

Brings back memories of BHA trip there back in 73??? Any others have memories of that day:wink:
Yes, I recall it as if it were yesterday...

Breakfast was 2 x Farley's Rusks (without milk as I had enough teeth by then).
I watched Rainbow and Pipkins on TV.
Played in the back garden and pulled up a flower without telling anyone.
Visited grandparents to have lunch and in the afternoon we watched the Wrestling on World of Sport.
Played with some matchbox cars for a bit and read a ladybird book about Dick and Jane.
Returned home and had some dinner (sandwiches and some strawberry Angel Delight for pudding).
Went to bed late at 7pm.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It was the day I realised that having Clough on board was not going to meet my expectations. I vaguely remember going and have a feeling that everyone went on the pitch at the end of the game, for whatever reason - shock I expect!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dave Bassett played for W&H, I didn't go though I was only four weeks old.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here