Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reminder to Supporters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So I am on holiday the Man City game and have offered my ticket to my brother in law......is this now falling foul of the clubs rules?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So I am on holiday the Man City game and have offered my ticket to my brother in law......is this now falling foul of the clubs rules?

It's not a "now" thing, it's always been against both the law and club rules, and every now and again the club have fired these reminder warning shots.

Although I'm not sure the club would say it, sensible "sharing" with known friends and family will be fine and, let's face it, short of insisting on ID for each fan on entry, there's little the club can do about it.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I would imagine it's aimed at Albion fans who sell/give their tickets to away fans (who will then be in the home sections) which could lead to obvious security problems. I remember a couple of Newcastle fans being turfed out of the West Upper last season after the Geordies scored leading to a bit of argy bargy.

Better not get any away fans next to me or else there'll be some loud tutting and even possibly shaking of the head..

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
QPR I believe.. it wasn't me.. mine didn't get checked but a mates did! May have been Wolves

It was happening at both. Though to such a small extent as to be completely pointless.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was at Chelsea vs Man Utd a few years ago and a bunch of stewards came up and asked the guy directly how he had obtained his ticket and how much he had paid. I can't recall the exact figure but it was an obscene amount. They asked him just before half time to go for a chat with them about who sold him the ticket and said don't worry you can stay and watch the game etc. Not sure how they had intel on him getting his ticket from a tout.

To be honest, if the club deal with cases like that, where someone is selling a one off ticket for more than the cost of their season ticket. Good. However if I fall sick the day before a game and can't make it so let my uncle have the ticket, that would be a bit shitty. I do get the whole 'we have people on a waiting list' for tickets assuming the games are sold out argument but you'd hope it's proper touts taking the piss here they'd punish to the maximum rather than loyal fans who might have to miss the odd game letting a close friend/family take it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You guys should buy from a tout in Argentina if you want a real experience.

You get the tickets on the corner by the stadium a few hours beforehand, then about two hours prior to kick off, barricades go up that don't let anyone within a mile radius of the stadium without a ticket.

You go through four separate security checks, including a ticket check that shows who the ticket is registered to (which clearly isn't the very white english guy holding the ticket), and that's before you get to the checks at the stadium entry point where it really is a 50/50 chance that your ticket is eligible.

God knows how they'd enforce such a system that Brighton seem to be imposing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it is to deter people from selling to touts!

There will be touts working the Amex now!

Really? Surely it's more to do with supporting their loyalty points scheme. No point having a scheme if people buy tickets for those that don't go away! I'll be honest, in the past we have done that but I fully understand why the club have stated this.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bad loser syndrome, attempting violence, after their team has just blown a '6 pointer'.

This will be repeated next season as other clubs fans scattered about celebrate, giving rise to bad loser umbrage amongst knuckle dragggers.

I don't think you have to be a knuckle dragger to be annoyed with away fans being in home sections. If nothing else, they're taking a seat from Albion supporters who would have liked to be there.

I'm all for fans mixing outside and a friendly atmosphere but football is not rugby and I'm glad about that (speaking from experience of watching both) - the rivalry is important to the intensity of the atmosphere.

If away fans are in home seats they should do the right thing and keep a lid on the celebrations - as most of us would if we'd sneaked into an away ground.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

This is the sort of scenario to which I am referring. I wouldn't want to do something like this then find myself banned indefinitely because a steward noticed an unfamiliar face coming through the turnstiles and made a few enquiries.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I know a few families that share season tickets, split the cost equally and go to equal numbers of games, which is obviously against the rules. However can't see this being a problem unless the tickets are being sold on.

Wasn't there an approved way of letting someone else use your season ticket? Weren't you meant to get a temporary paper ticket printed rather than let them use your card?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The club are sending new ST cards to all STH (20k), but not to the 3k 1901ers. 1901ers are permitted to transfer their ST freely, STH are not.

New technology/protocols being put in place to make it easier to enforce this latest reiteration of the warning about tickets being non-transferable?

Though, as others have observed, short of id'ing everyone on entry (retinal scans anyone?), it's hard to see how they're really going to control this activity, except in the most egregious cases...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can't go to the Man City game, so my son is using my ticket. He had a season ticket from the age of 7, but went to University last year, so had to give it up.

If I can't make it to a game and he is in town, he will use it.

If they ban me for this I'm done with football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's not a "now" thing, it's always been against both the law and club rules, and every now and again the club have fired these reminder warning shots.

Although I'm not sure the club would say it, sensible "sharing" with known friends and family will be fine and, let's face it, short of insisting on ID for each fan on entry, there's little the club can do about it.

Exactly. It is unusual that that same person uses my second season ticket twice running. Am I bovvered? If I were to allow some clown I meet in the pub use it, however, and he turns out to be a recidivist, then I would deserve all the ordure and opprobrium that comes my way.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Exactly. It is unusual that that same person uses my second season ticket twice running. Am I bovvered? If I were to allow some clown I meet in the pub use it, however, and he turns out to be a recidivist, then I would deserve all the ordure and opprobrium that comes my way.

Kudos for the big words! (What do they mean?)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Hasn't the club tacitly consented to the transfer of season tickets by agreeing to them being 'upgraded' six times per season?

You'd hardly want to upgrade your ticket if you weren't going to pass it on to someone else.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here