Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reminder to Supporters

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
REMINDER TO SUPPORTERS

Finally supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal (under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006).

The club has a zero tolerance policy with regards to this and anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to face criminal prosecution and would be banned indefinitely from purchasing home and away match tickets.

The club will launch a new official ticket exchange for the 2017/18 season via seagullstickets.com - with details to follow shortly. It will enable season-ticket holders to safely and securely offer their tickets for resale when unable to attend.

Blimey, this may have been there all the time, but is the club really going to ban indefinitely a fan who can't go and lets a relative or mate go for free instead?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think it is to deter people from selling to touts!

There will be touts working the Amex now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends if you sell it to someone who can behave themselves

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Did you not see the memo issued for the last half dozen away fixtures last season

No, I don't go to away games so wouldn't read the T & C's. Picked this up from the email about changes to Loyalty Points.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Do other clubs threaten to enforce this so heavily? Or just turn a blind eye? And this makes it look as though it's for home games too - so no ST sharing?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No, I don't go to away games so wouldn't read the T & C's. Picked this up from the email about changes to Loyalty Points.

There was big thing about it with a long memo issued by the club, although this was more concerned with fans buying tickets for others who didnt have enough points themselves

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Maybe everyone should swap ST cards with the person next to them at first home game so every uses each other's at second home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

REMINDER TO SUPPORTERS

Finally supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal (under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006).

The club has a zero tolerance policy with regards to this and anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to face criminal prosecution and would be banned indefinitely from purchasing home and away match tickets.

The club will launch a new official ticket exchange for the 2017/18 season via seagullstickets.com - with details to follow shortly. It will enable season-ticket holders to safely and securely offer their tickets for resale when unable to attend.

Blimey, this may have been there all the time, but is the club really going to ban indefinitely a fan who can't go and lets a relative or mate go for free instead?

I would imagine it's aimed at Albion fans who sell/give their tickets to away fans (who will then be in the home sections) which could lead to obvious security problems. I remember a couple of Newcastle fans being turfed out of the West Upper last season after the Geordies scored leading to a bit of argy bargy.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I was really thinking of the committed STH who occasionally can't go to The Amex due to holidays, weddings and funerals etc and might say to a mate or a relative, 'do you want to use my ticket this week?', A nice thing to do, the club has the same money for the ticket and the supporter earns a bit of gratitude and goodwill from the person who fills the seat and cheers the team.

Win/win you might think, but the club appears to be saying use the 'new official ticket exchange' or leave the seat empty rather than risk a lifetime ban.The flaw in this is that some fans just can't be bothered to use the scheme and others enjoy allowing someone close or even a business associate to use their ticket as a gesture of goodwill.

The unforeseen consequence could be several unnecessarily empty seats which could be filled by fans who buy merchandise, food and drinks and may buy seats for themselves in future as a result of enjoying the experience. I know technically that under the new scheme, it will avoid the occasional fan from benefiting from the reduced price and increased value of a STH ticket, but if the user is in the same buyer category, I'm not convinced the club will benefit albeit sure the STH will be disappointed at leaving an empty seat which they could fill. An awful lot of STH's don't need the money or hassle of an exchange scheme but are happy to encourage casual fans to go more often by lending their ticket.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
QPR I believe.. it wasn't me.. mine didn't get checked but a mates did! May have been Wolves

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember a couple of Newcastle fans being turfed out of the West Upper last season after the Geordies scored leading to a bit of argy bargy.

Bad loser syndrome, attempting violence, after their team has just blown a '6 pointer'.

This will be repeated next season as other clubs fans scattered about celebrate, giving rise to bad loser umbrage amongst knuckle dragggers.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I was really thinking of the committed STH who occasionally can't go to The Amex due to holidays, weddings and funerals etc and might say to a mate or a relative, 'do you want to use my ticket this week?', A nice thing to do, the club has the same money for the ticket and the supporter earns a bit of gratitude and goodwill from the person who fills the seat and cheers the team.

Win/win you might think, but the club appears to be saying use the 'new official ticket exchange' or leave the seat empty rather than risk a lifetime ban.The flaw in this is that some fans just can't be bothered to use the scheme and others enjoy allowing someone close or even a business associate to use their ticket as a gesture of goodwill.

The unforeseen consequence could be several unnecessarily empty seats which could be filled by fans who buy merchandise, food and drinks and may buy seats for themselves in future as a result of enjoying the experience. I know technically that under the new scheme, it will avoid the occasional fan from benefiting from the reduced price and increased value of a STH ticket, but if the user is in the same buyer category, I'm not convinced the club will benefit albeit sure the STH will be disappointed at leaving an empty seat which they could fill. An awful lot of STH's don't need the money or hassle of an exchange scheme but are happy to encourage casual fans to go more often by lending their ticket.

The ticket exchange isn't a hassle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here