Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just How Rubbish is 1901, thoughts please

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just noticed meant for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] apologies [MENTION=181]Blackadder[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's OK OTM. Icy asked me a question earlier when I was quoting and asking a question of Goldstone1976/ It's been a long hot day. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, you get Hove Bald and Dread with his pissed up yammering and oafish oddball behaviour.
Is he still allowed in after his malignate FAKE NEWS that told fans there was FOG at the Cardiff re-arrangement ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So as a 1901 er who goes to all away games I am probably completely unaffected by this and I do believe the new scheme is fairer to loyal fans however I have some sympathy for 1901 ers in general.

What was sold was the following:
- Priority over season ticket holders for away games (GONE)
- Near stadium parking (GONE)
- Free tea/coffee at half time (GONE)

- Free programme
- Great view
- Ability to transfer ticket to whoever
- Access to lounges

For me I bought the ticket for the view and that alone although the parking was a consideration for my father.

If I had my time again I would not buy 1901 again as the premium price is now not worth it. But the club know that we have no where to go.

So in summary the new scheme is fairer but it is definitely another slight reduction in what was promised when 1901 was first sold.

What were the guarantees for these items at the time it was sold to you?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'd suggest that over 60% of the fans in 1901 are fans who were at the Goldstone, possibly gave Gillingham a miss and probably quite a few went to Withdean too. 1901 really doesn't have a corporate feel imo.

I find "over 60%" very hard to believe unless you include those who went to the Goldstone in the 70s and 80s or those who went very occasionally. Remember the average gate at the Goldstone was down to c 6k.

Undoubtedly there are some very loyal Albion fans in 1901 but I suggest there are a greater number who are only there because their tickets are paid by their firm and if they were completely honest they would admit to supporting spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea up to c10 years ago. In 1999 it became hip and charitable to support the Albion and we regained about 5k fans on our return to Brighton. Moving to The Amex was the catalyst for a new generation of Albion fans of all age groups, with 1901 attracting those who wanted comfort/status having got used to watching Premier football in comfort/on Sky.

D

Deleted User X18H

I joined after Dodge sold the benefits so well, back in 2010!! Plus I had just been paid a fair few thousand quid by Denis M Clayton and company as a settlement.

I rejoined in 2016 as I thought the club was just about to promoted to the Premier League.

It's great you get a landyard and a lapel badge.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I joined after Dodge sold the benefits so well, back in 2010!! Plus I had just been paid a fair few thousand quid by Denis M Clayton and company as a settlement.

I rejoined in 2016 as I thought the club was just about to promoted to the Premier League.

It's great you get a landyard and a lapel badge.

Really?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Genuine question for 1901ers.

From what I've read on the thread you're locked in for five years.

What happens if you want out before the five years are up due to:

Redundancy
Change of financial circumstances
Moved away/abroad
Serious injury
Death

Are there financial penalties? Has anyone experienced cutting short their membership? What could the Club do if you just stopped your DD?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't know what the fuss is about, 1901's had a giggle last year, dress as a pleb day, sorry, dress down day. Surely high jinx like that makes it worth it, hoorah.

Added to which new system benefits those that show loyalty by travelling all over the place giving support as against those with big bank balances.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I will start,

The seats are no better view than the East Upper, the customer service is terrible, rube and unhelpful much worse than the normal ticket line The club change the terms as and when they feel like it, who knows whats next to go. You are tied in for 5 years whatever happens and you have to pay through the nose. I regularly go to away games so I may be alright for next season but I changed to 1901 from a west lower season ticket for the extra points and are now stuck with it

What gives?

D

Deleted User X18H

Redundancy
Moved away/abroad
Serious injury
Death

Are there financial penalties? Has anyone experienced cutting short their membership? What could the Club do if you just stopped your DD?

You'd get a visit from Mr Sorrow I expect.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Redundancy
Moved away/abroad
Serious injury
Death

Legally, it's pretty simple. You've signed a 5 year contract. Actually, legally the deal is structured as a one-off commitment, but the club give you 5 years, interest-free to pay it. Contractually, it's the same situation as any other long-term commitment - say a 5-year lease. Can't pay due to change in circumstances? Tough. If you simply stopped the DDs, the club's legal recourse would be a civil action for breach of contract - they'd have to sue you. Would they? Dunno...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Legally, it's pretty simple. You've signed a 5 year contract. Actually, legally the deal is structured as a one-off commitment, but the club give you 5 years, interest-free to pay it. Contractually, it's the same situation as any other long-term commitment - say a 5-year lease. Can't pay due to change in circumstances? Tough. If you simply stopped the DDs, the club's legal recourse would be a civil action for breach of contract - they'd have to sue you. Would they? Dunno...

I guessed as such.

It's a big commitment as who knows one's circumstances as time unfolds.

I'm sure there must have been cases I've listed above.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here