Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just How Rubbish is 1901, thoughts please

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Think for some 1901ers (present company excepted of course but based on a few conversations I've had) 'snob value' might be added to the list. It's the equivalent of 'premium economy' on a plane......a step down from the first/club class box, but a step up from us plebs.

I don't doubt there are some but for the majority they are just good decent Brighton fans. I really don't think many perceive themselves to be better in any way. I certainly don't.

But it is a fact that the original deal that was sold has been watered down a long way.

But I do believe the new scheme is fair and as I said before as a 1901er who goes to nearly all away games I doubt it will change my ability to get away tickets next season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think it is exceptional value, and I would willingly pay at least double the money I currently give the club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As a 1901er who goes to a few away games a season I have no objection to missing out on tickets to somebody who goes to every away game. I like being able to sit down in the lounge before and after a game and having parking included in my ticket. I pay over the odds but my seat is on the half way line and we are Premier League :thumbsup:

Now just sign some ****ing players and I will be 100% happy!

Blimey close to the action then...i've not noticed you there before though :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't appreciate that the prices went up to £2,074. Does that mean that, if we have no home cup games, that each match will cost £109 next season?

Who pays £2074? Platinum is about £137 a month so what is this level that adds another £400 to the yearly cost?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't doubt there are some but for the majority they are just good decent Brighton fans. I really don't think many perceive themselves to be better in any way. I certainly don't.

But it is a fact that the original deal that was sold has been watered down a long way.

But I do believe the new scheme is fair and as I said before as a 1901er who goes to nearly all away games I doubt it will change my ability to get away tickets next season.

The new loyalty points look fair, but the general erosion of perks would piss me off if I was in the 1901......

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I didn't appreciate that the prices went up to £2,074. Does that mean that, if we have no home cup games, that each match will cost £109 next season?

Yes. There are very few people in that Category. You get a seat right behind the Directors' seating area.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The new loyalty points look fair, but the general erosion of perks would piss me off if I was in the 1901......

Losing pre season friendlies is the only thing to have pissed me off. Once we get into Europe that will piss me off as well as I was sold a ticket that included ALL home games.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. There are very few people in that Category. You get a seat right behind the Directors' seating area.

Interesting, I have sat there as I once had a meal in the director's lounge. The seats in WSL are better, closer to the action :smile:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blimey. I dare say cost isn't an issue for these guys.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So bottom end is comfortably more than double one in the North. Is the general feeling it's worth it, the comfort/view/parking etc ? I think nibbling away at the benefits would alienate a few. Maybe as someone else mentioned, there is nowhere else to go now with the ST waiting list, and anyway you're locked in for 5 years. Can you cancel if you wanted to ?

No, we can't cancel. It's a contractual commitment. We can transfer the licence to another person, if we can find one (that's how I initially got mine; I bought off a NSC poster). And we can legally transfer the seat on a game by game basis (as can those STH with a PSL). I still think it's worth it, but as others have observed, it is beyond question that the benfits are being gradually whittled down.

TheOldGirl

Jul 24, 2013
Saltdean
So bottom end is comfortably more than double one in the North. Is the general feeling it's worth it, the comfort/view/parking etc ? I think nibbling away at the benefits would alienate a few. Maybe as someone else mentioned, there is nowhere else to go now with the ST waiting list, and anyway you're locked in for 5 years. Can you cancel if you wanted to ?
No you cant cancel, and there is nowhere to go to anyway. As the extras are removed it doesnt feel worth the price really. The people are great but just the same as elsewhere in the stadium, contrary to popular belief, a lot of 1901 are just normal people paying a bit extra for a variety of reasons

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't judge 1901, never been and never will go

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I will start,

The seats are no better view than the East Upper, the customer service is terrible, rube and unhelpful much worse than the normal ticket line The club change the terms as and when they feel like it, who knows whats next to go. You are tied in for 5 years whatever happens and you have to pay through the nose. I regularly go to away games so I may be alright for next season but I changed to 1901 from a west lower season ticket for the extra points and are now stuck with it
Eh, isn't one of the 'terms' ( that 1901 sign up to ) simply that the 'terms' can be changed ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here