Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just How Rubbish is 1901, thoughts please

Since 1978 I loved The Goldstone, I love Peacehaven's ground, I love Arundel's ground in fact I love every ground in the Sussex County league (yes I know what it's called now) and I even love (puts tin hat on) The Terry Waite stand at Selhurst!

I now love The Amex, however 1901 has never and will never appeal to me in any shape or form

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So as a 1901 er who goes to all away games I am probably completely unaffected by this and I do believe the new scheme is fairer to loyal fans however I have some sympathy for 1901 ers in general.

What was sold was the following:
- Priority over season ticket holders for away games (GONE)
- Near stadium parking (GONE)
- Free tea/coffee at half time (GONE)
- Free programme
- Great view
- Ability to transfer ticket to whoever
- Access to lounges

For me I bought the ticket for the view and that alone although the parking was a consideration for my father.

If I had my time again I would not buy 1901 again as the premium price is now not worth it. But the club know that we have no where to go.

So in summary the new scheme is fairer but it is definitely another slight reduction in what was promised when 1901 was first sold.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So as a 1901 er who goes to all away games I am probably completely unaffected by this and I do believe the new scheme is fairer to loyal fans however I have some sympathy for 1901 ers in general.

- Free programme
- Great view
- Access to lounges

For me I bought the ticket for the view and that alone although the parking was a consideration for my father.

If I had my time again I would not buy 1901 again as the premium price is now not worth it. But the club know that we have no where to go.

So in summary the new scheme is fairer but it is definitely another slight reduction in what was promised when 1901 was first sold.

Think for some 1901ers (present company excepted of course but based on a few conversations I've had) 'snob value' might be added to the list. It's the equivalent of 'premium economy' on a plane......a step down from the first/club class box, but a step up from us plebs.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Out of interest whats the annual cost of 1901 compared to a normal ST ?

There are three levels of 1901 membership ranging from £1250 pa to £2074 pa. The next 4 seasons (incl 17/18) prices are already fixed - a small increase each year, irrespective of which division we're playing in.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

- Free programme
- Great view
- Access to lounges

A fair summary. It is extraordinary how the Club have got away with constantly changing the T&Cs and getting away with it. But this is football and a business where the loyalty of a fan (and 1901 is dominated by genuine long term fans) is constantly open to abuse. Wherever we sit this is the reality of English football and it doesn't matter what the Club PR system says, BHAFC is no different.

BUT I have to be honest and say that I have never felt comfortable IF the reality is that a 1901 member can get an away ticket for a particular away game when a fan who travels to almost every game cant.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Only been once as a guest and loved it.

I cannot comment on merits V season tickets in the rest of the ground as I only come over for a couple of games a year.
Wherever I have been in the Amex, I have loved it!
But have very different expectations compared to the Goldstone days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
About £1300 a year for gold more for Platinium

Yes but don't you get a better class of compadre in 1901? Paying extra is mostly about keeping the riff raff out, surely? And with no riff raff, you may be allowed to have a glass of wine etc during the game. Just like watching at home on BT sport. If that's your thing then what's to complain about? It would cost you over two grand for the equivalent at Arsenal, and you'd have to travel up to London, and you'd have to put up with Arsenal, and their overweeningly self-entitled 'fans'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I will start,

The seats are no better view than the East Upper, the customer service is terrible, rube and unhelpful much worse than the normal ticket line The club change the terms as and when they feel like it, who knows whats next to go. You are tied in for 5 years whatever happens and you have to pay through the nose. I regularly go to away games so I may be alright for next season but I changed to 1901 from a west lower season ticket for the extra points and are now stuck with it

Nothing positive, one presumes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a 1901er who goes to a few away games a season I have no objection to missing out on tickets to somebody who goes to every away game. I like being able to sit down in the lounge before and after a game and having parking included in my ticket. I pay over the odds but my seat is on the half way line and we are Premier League :thumbsup:

Now just sign some ****ing players and I will be 100% happy!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will start,

The seats are no better view than the East Upper, the customer service is terrible, rube and unhelpful much worse than the normal ticket line The club change the terms as and when they feel like it, who knows whats next to go. You are tied in for 5 years whatever happens and you have to pay through the nose. I regularly go to away games so I may be alright for next season but I changed to 1901 from a west lower season ticket for the extra points and are now stuck with it

Arm rests, free programmes and home cup tickets. It's worth the huge additional outlay.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As a 1901er who goes to a few away games a season I have no objection to missing out on tickets to somebody who goes to every away game. I like being able to sit down in the lounge before and after a game and having parking included in my ticket. I pay over the odds but my seat is on the half way line and we are Premier League :thumbsup:

Now just sign some ****ing players and I will be 100% happy!

What lounge you in Icy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are three levels of 1901 membership ranging from £1250 pa to £2074 pa. The next 4 seasons (incl 17/18) prices are already fixed - a small increase each year, irrespective of which division we're playing in.

I didn't appreciate that the prices went up to £2,074. Does that mean that, if we have no home cup games, that each match will cost £109 next season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

So bottom end is comfortably more than double one in the North. Is the general feeling it's worth it, the comfort/view/parking etc ? I think nibbling away at the benefits would alienate a few. Maybe as someone else mentioned, there is nowhere else to go now with the ST waiting list, and anyway you're locked in for 5 years. Can you cancel if you wanted to ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's much better than it used to be! The extra LP weren't a consideration for me at all. The factors in my decision-making were:

Front row seat, much better than my old seat.
Much shorter beer queue at all times (enabling both a beer and a wee at half time - something I've never been able to achieve elsewhere; it's always been one or the other)
Generally get somewhere to sit while I drink my beer(s) and read the programme.

Honestly, that was it for me...
I combine wee and beer. I know that excludes from ever working in the catering industry but it works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here