Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Too much money

Votes: 55 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've got bt sport as they threw in free with the Internet/tv deal we took up a few years ago.

My laptop is also registered as a device on the parent in laws sky go. They have the full package so I'm not wanting for anything and actually considering cancelling my bt subscriptions.

Otherwise I have Kodi for games but prefer Acestream on a computer. I don't think there's anything I can't watch at the moment!

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I subscribe to Sky (more for the Cricket and F1 than the footy). I wouldnt consider paying to add BT but rather fortuitously my new phone came with free BT Sport for the duration of the contract (2 years). The only downside being I have to watch it on my phone !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know I post a lot, YOUNG MAN, buts thats because, seriously I like to do so on good old NSC.
Apart from my Mrs, allotment and the Albion, I do a lot of 'it' (posting) during down time.
Anyway did you miss your train today? :wink:

Lol! Yes I decided to work at home. Just taking a sanity break (that's 'on behalf of my', rather than 'from'). . .

(I was expecting to be accused of flagrant hypocrisy which, of course, it is :O:cheers:)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm pretty sure I get BT Sport with my Virgin XL package - certainly did last year. Going to need to check when I get home now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lol! Yes I decided to work at home. Just taking a sanity break (that's 'on behalf of my', rather than 'from'). . .

(I was expecting to be accused of flagrant hypocrisy which, of course, it is :O:cheers:)

No accusations here.
Anyway if you (generic) have stuff to say, just post it.
If people do/don't like what is said, then that's their entitlement.
My Mrs says I irk people a lot, but thats down to my SOH and lack of filter.
Anyway irking on too much, nearly a :flounce: but managed to keep it in :laugh:
Enjoy the rest of your day :thumbsup:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Although I do pay for both you can download the app universal sports hd and more often than get it on there for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I subscribe to neither, nor will I. Binned off that malarkey a couple of years ago.

Anyone umming and erring about BT may want to know they also have the winter Ashes tour this year. Sky are hopeless, they're losing everything.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Can you do pay per view on BT sport? I.e. the same as NOW TVs SkySports day pass

I can't justify the expense of Sky Sports and haven't had it for a good 15 years or so now.

We do have BT Sport and have done since it was launched as BT landline/broadband customers when I think it was free. Today, I think it only costs us a fiver a month (I might be wrong) but I rarely use it.

I have BT and then pick up the occasional Brighton game (if I'm not already going) as a one-off NOW TV rental for £7 each. Much cheaper than doing both of the full Sky and BT subscriptions.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I know I pay about £85 for Sky and £90 for BT. That gives me Infinity 2, landline, four family SIM cards 15 GB, Atlantic, box sets, movies, sport, to in four rooms bla bla bla
With two teenagers, all four of us constantly on iPads/phones etc in front of TVs it covers everything. However, we don't smoke or really drink so I suppose that's our vice.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Have BT as part of Virgin package, It's excellent value as they offer loads of rugby (and, later this year, the Ashes).

I have a Now box for one-off Sky events (eg the Lions). Paying £7 a few times a year for those is not going to be expensive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
We've had Sky Sports for ages, and also took up BT Sport because we had it free as BT subscribers.

Then we changed everything to SKY - phone and broadband - because after years with BT we got fed up with their absolute rubbish customer service in every respect - that's fed up with it in every respect, and absolute rubbish customer service in every respect. I used to work in Customer Service many years ago and really think BT is the absolute pits. At least when Sky have told us something will happen, it has usually happened.

We still have BT Sport because we haven't got round to cancelling it, but their coverage is rubbish as well, so we need to give it some serious thought as to whether we want to carry it on or not. We do have two Premier League teams to support in this household, as my wife is a Saints STH.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Another one to get it 'free' through virgin... Really do not like many of their football commentary team though, Ian Darke aside.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, he gets his BT Sports via his virgin box and uses now tv for sky sports pay as you go, I've tried this but the picture is shit imho.

I have a Roku on which I get Now TV and that has Sky Sports but from your post I would assume that it doesnt include BT Sport which is available on Sky. If not I shall have to find pub in Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill that has BT Sport for any away games. I think that possibly the Heath in HH and The Windmill in B Hill have BT Sport.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
My parents have it, I think they get it free as a BT customer and then pay £5 per month for European games.

I use their details via the BT Sport app and watch it via Apple TV. Don't watch it that often but when I do it works well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here