Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Christ we're spoilt aren't we? I wonder how many other clubs get to attend a free evening asking the Owner, CEO and Manager of their football club anything they like.. on county radio.

Of course there's going to be abit of cringe, that's the nature of these events where anybody can attend but I've personally found them all thoroughly enjoyable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Christ we're spoilt aren't we? I wonder how many other clubs get to attend a free evening asking the Owner, CEO and Manager of their football club anything they like.. on county radio.

Of course there's going to be abit of cringe, that's the nature of these events where anybody can attend but I've personally found them all thoroughly enjoyable.

Well said......

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A real dearth of normal fans in the middle seemingly, and these never seem to get the mic either!

The club really don't have to do it and few others bother. Albion to their credit have been holding them for years.
There's simply no problem getting to a mic either - radio Sussex would appreciate more queries from the floor. They ran out last year.
So go or send one in.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tony Bloom held one of these in Bristol last season. Not only did we get the brilliant 'Tony, when fans sing 'Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army', do you think 'I'm the man?' question, we also got one fan whining about the print binding of the match programme.

Well, he's got to be ready for all sorts of questions, I s'pose...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll have to settle for watching online this time.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Club are launching indepentant groups of Supporters clubs can be affiliated to the club for groups of ten + & benefits.
The club will surport functions twice a year in your local or base. More to follow .
Does this mean PB gets a couple of trips to Australia:facepalm:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Now we're in the PL, does that mean we can afford to buy the train carriages that someone mentioned at a previous FF?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to go to them but now find them to stage managed with either prepared answers or non committal ones as per politicians so do not bother now. It is good for those who have to be seen at them to improve their credubillity.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I used to go to them but now find them to stage managed with either prepared answers or non committal ones as per politicians so do not bother now. It is good for those who have to be seen at them to improve their credubillity.

the closest i've ever seen CH get to an angry and definitely not "prepared or non committal" answer in public was his response at the 2015 forum when someone questioned his FULL BACK tactics and tried to tell Chris how he should have set up the defence v Sevilla in that summers pre-season friendly.
It was all very charming in the end and it was a relief to get a question that wasn't cosy but hardly stage managed.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Theres a few of them around....Not going to mention any names though!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
the closest i've ever seen CH get to an angry and definitely not "prepared or non committal" answer in public was his response at the 2015 forum when someone questioned his FULL BACK tactics and tried to tell Chris how he should have set up the defence v Sevilla in that summers pre-season friendly.
It was all very charming in the end and it was a relief to get a question that wasn't cosy but hardly stage managed.

I remember that question. Very embarrassing for the fan asking it as he dug himself further and further into a hole with his odd opinions. Chris was able to give an in depth analysis of the situation proving he was the expert and that the question asking fan had very little knowledge of what he was talking about.

I doubt that fan has been to a forum since and NSC was very clear on who the identity of this particular individual could be!

D

Deleted User X18H

One can certainly make a fool of oneself when asking CH a question. As David Brent will tell you never assume......

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I emailed a Q to BBC Sussex, received a reply from Johnny Cantor (probably automated), many thanks for sending.
May or may not be used, depending on time constraints.
Happy days :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Explained it with a smile on his face throughout, remember it well.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Bumping this thread to ask a quick question about the forum - I think I remember somewhere saying that there woudl be parking at the stadium for this but now I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm whether there will be?

Thanks!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bumping this thread to ask a quick question about the forum - I think I remember somewhere saying that there woudl be parking at the stadium for this but now I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm whether there will be?

Thanks!

Yep just drive in and you'll be pointed in the right direction

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here