• Messy

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thread reminded me of an email survey I had from Virgin Atlantic this week.

They seem to be considering handing out plastic bags and sanitary wipes to passengers so that they can tidy up after themselves when flying. I think I'm pretty tidy when flying - I don't like lots of mess cluttering up my space, but when disembarking after a flight, it's difficult to not notice the utter mess many other passengers have left behind them.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 12.06.53.png

Do you keep things tidy in flight or is it someone else's job to clean up after you?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I doubt that it would do any good. People who are generally thoughtful would be tidy, but too many travellers (and by that I mean bus, train, sea and air) seem to think that, because they have a ticket, they can leave as much mess as they like.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This thread reminded me of an email survey I had from Virgin Atlantic this week.

They seem to be considering handing out plastic bags and sanitary wipes to passengers so that they can tidy up after themselves when flying. I think I'm pretty tidy when flying - I don't like lots of mess cluttering up my space, but when disembarking after a flight, it's difficult to not notice the utter mess many other passengers have left behind them.

View attachment 86911

Do you keep things tidy in flight or is it someone else's job to clean up after you?

Definitely tidy. Hate sitting/sleeping surrounded by detritus. Agree with you on the mess left by some passengers - unbelievable.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
So, our new signing is coming from abroad and clearly isn't tidy.

I'm not even going to say it....

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't get it how people get in such a mess, i need to tidy up just for something to do, not that it takes long.

This all stems back to the lack of respect from a high percentage of young people nowadays, they leave Mac D etc stuff beside their cars rather than walking to the bins, don't get me started :angry: horse whip the f***ers.:timmy:

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Got off the flight to Florida and could not believe how much mess people leave. It looked like a years worth of crap strewn everywhere. Row after row. Not even isolated to just a couple of families. It looked like the stewardess had collected all the rubbish and then just tipped it over people as they slept/let their kids run riot.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Unfortunately our country has evolved with the colonial attitudes - why should British people do something a slave could do - is a classless syndrome

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A relation of mine worked for several years at Gatwick cleaning aircraft from all airlines and he said the most dirty with General rubbish, nappies under seats, partly empty food containers all sorts were planes that had come from the Far East this is purely anecdotal and as such I genuinely have no idea if this is true and if true why

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Since Easyjet have added another row I have so little leg room that it's hard for me to get anything off the floor. I hate to think what it's like for really tall people. Having said that I rarely create much mess on shortish flights, as I tend not to eat or anything, so there's nothing to clear up.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Being 6ft5in tall I'm very tidy as planes are cramped enough as it is never mind filling the space up with rubbish and crap.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Being 6ft5in tall I'm very tidy as planes are cramped enough as it is never mind filling the space up with rubbish and crap.

I'm "only" 6'3'' but entirely endorse this view.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

To gain a little extra leg room, I do take all the magazines that are on the back of the seat in front and place them under the seat, as this gains a valuable (of little) extra room. This f course fails if the passenger in front decides to recline their seat.

Other than that I just read my Kindle and sleep in between any meals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I always have some small disposal bags and travel wipes in my hand baggage.
Useful for those plastic headphone bags etc as well as odds & sods and the wipes are handy for spillages.
I do leave the bag tied up for them to clear though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here