Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa, First Test at Lord's

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We are choking.....Amla and de Kock can get this on their own...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This has potentially done us a favour.....avoids the problem of deciding when to declare, gives the SA team the slightest glimmer of a chance (meaning they'll take a few more risks to score, giving more chances) and means we'll definitely have enough time to bowl them out. Hopefully.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was wondering if 19 wickets had fallen in a day in a Test Match at Lords before. Found this:

"That total of 18 wickets falling in a day is not a Lord's record, with 19 seen twice, 21 going down in the England-West Indies match of 2000 and the highest a remarkable 27 in the Ashes Test of 1888."

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Shame I know f*ck all about cricket isn't it?

Saffers were always bound to chase down 330 on a 4th Innings wearing pitch.

Oh... :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How great to have some 'proper' cricket again. Ebb and flow over a period of days, tactics, cricket whites, TMS. Not a whiff of 'pyjama' cricket - yes, I know it's an economic necessity and, to be fair, a bit of fun at times, but as far as my cricket is concerned, I'm old school (and fully intend to remain here!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How great to have some 'proper' cricket again. Ebb and flow over a period of days, tactics, cricket whites, TMS. Not a whiff of 'pyjama' cricket - yes, I know it's an economic necessity and, to be fair, a bit of fun at times, but as far as my cricket is concerned, I'm old school (and fully intend to remain here!)

Me too.......real stuff. Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here