Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not much activity around the nests in my back garden.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Was walking back to the car yesterday and saw a few on the pavement and immediately thought of this thread. Think I may have missed the work Ant day this year but the home one is yet to occur

I've just realised that this is a bounce of a thread from 5 July 2017 – I'd got through the first page of posts and noticed they were from 5 July and times a few hours ahead of now. Wasted time going through my NSC settings in case I had the time zone or something wrong! :ffsparr:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Got the big fat arse ones in our back garden in Burgess hill. But the fat ones without wings. Today could be the day. It's muggy but cool enough for it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Definitely is today. Hundreds of them erupting from our garden in BUG.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
They’re here in BN7, the buggers kept landing on my beer so I had to come indoors and tell you all :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just caught a lot of them crawling about on the patio ready to take flight, but they didn't survive the boiling water.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
woodingdean ant.jpg

I ended up with quite a few biting me , literally ant in my pants.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The little ***** were out in force in and around Findon this evening, collectively having a good effort at ruining my walk with the hound over the Downs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here