Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izzy Brown

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
But saying it hasn't gone any further so far.
That sounds about right.. i.e. He needs to sign new deal at Chelsea first, so AN confirming interest etc makes sense and nothing further at this stage would be correct and is in line with other more detailed national reports.,

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Anyone else feel like an emaciated dog who's just been thrown a bone? Probably all made up, but at least keeps our minds of the perceived transfer famine.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can't help but comment on the grand irony that just a few days/hours ago our fans were suggesting that Huddersfield's signings were 'preparing for the Championship' and now we look like signing one of their loan players from last season that they didn't prioritise in getting themselves :lolol:

You can't look at players in isolation. You have to consume what he would bring as part of a team and who he would be surrounded by. How the Manager intends to use someone as part of a team and a member of a squad. We obviously had no need of an Aaron Mooy or we would have made an effort to get him.

This is obviously more of the type of player that the Manager feels is needed to enhance the squad.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Genuine question. What have people seen of RLC that always makes them suggest him?

He's played 22 times since 2014 and I believe (based on some quick maths) 66 minutes in the prem last season. He hasn't gone out on loan.

So what have people been watching that I've missed?

I have to say I have only really seen him a few times for England u21s and he has been stand out

And to be the only young player they have that even really gets a sniff of being In the squad for them tells me all I need to know.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Last week I said they're preparing for the Championship. I mean Tom Ince?!
Earlier today I said they're going down.

I wouldn't say that this thread is what you're suggesting it to be.
There seem to be a few pleased, a few indifferent and a few who don't think he's up to it.
Seems about right to me on any potential new signing.

You speak quite harshly in general about Ince, yet he had a better season than Brown did with a performing team around him. I struggle to imagine that Brown will end up anything above upper Championship quality, I even have some doubts of that. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I feel like I've watched enough games to make a decent judgement call.

It's fine to not care who they sign, to even to speak condescendingly about who they sign, so long as we have something better in the pipeline. I just found it amusing that this culminated in one of their former loanees that they seem to have passed up in favour of another.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can't look at players in isolation. You have to consume what he would bring as part of a team and who he would be surrounded by. How the Manager intends to use someone as part of a team and a member of a squad. We obviously had no need of an Aaron Mooy or we would have made an effort to get him.

This is obviously more of the type of player that the Manager feels is needed to enhance the squad.

Yep exactly. You can't deduce from any of the chatter that he'd be a "number one target", just part of an evolving squad. Good squads evolve. That's what's happened under Chris whereas, under Oscar and Sami, the squad regressed (due, presumably to the control exercised by D Burke).

I can't believe the number of people losing their shit over not doing "enough business" by 4 July. The squad picture is like a complicated jigsaw and either the last piece goes in around the end of the window or you try to pass off a picture missing a couple of pieces as ok. If your neighbours jigsaws are all missing more than 2 pieces, or they've put their pieces in wrongly, or bought a three piece Noddy jigsaw when everyone else has a 300 piece Monet reproduction or they've sacked the jigsaw owner after a couple of weeks then you're fine.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Always thought he was quite useful at Hudds and would be a good squad player for us. He is still very young and hopefully can fulfil some of his potential. Nowhere near the quality of player we need to keep us up though IMO.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I was impressed with Izzy Brown last season. Great attitude too. Would fit in well and offers something different.

I may be wrong here, but i got the impression he was a bit of a mardy git, didn't he throw a massive strop when he was subbed in a match last season?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You speak quite harshly in general about Ince, yet he had a better season than Brown did with a performing team around him. I struggle to imagine that Brown will end up anything above upper Championship quality, I even have some doubts of that. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I feel like I've watched enough games to make a decent judgement call.

It's fine to not care who they sign, to even to speak condescendingly about who they sign, so long as we have something better in the pipeline. I just found it amusing that this culminated in one of their former loanees that they seem to have passed up in favour of another.

Brown's attitude seems to be a cut above that of Tom "Me Me ME" Ince.
Albeit though I watched him have a tantrum after being subbed somewhere.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wouldn't be a bad back up option and given his age he wouldn't take up one of our squad places?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Brown's attitude seems to be a cut above that of Tom "Me Me ME" Ince.
Albeit though I watched him have a tantrum after being subbed somewhere.

Tom Ince scored one less goal than AK last year and only played one less game. This idea that he's a total waste of money in the PL confuses me. Oh and he's scored 2 goals in the PL, 2 more than AK.

I prefer AK by miles, but to say he's not good enough is a bit weird.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tom Ince scored one less goal than AK last year and only played one less game. This idea that he's a total waste of money in the PL confuses me. Oh and he's scored 2 goals in the PL, 2 more than AK.

I prefer AK by miles, but to say he's not good enough is a bit weird.

Like you, I prefer AK by miles. Ince isn't good enough: as we'll see this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't argue with any of that.

I guess I'm just desperate for us to be in for a proven quality striker, Abraham and Brown aren't that however great the potential.

Huddersfield didn't play him as a striker did they?,,,having said that described as winger/striker..oh well

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can't argue with any of that.

I guess I'm just desperate for us to be in for a proven quality striker, Abraham and Brown aren't that however great the potential.

I'm with you all the way on this Icy. Brown isn't even a striker, let alone a proven quality one. We do need (at least) one of those, but Brown will do me just fine as back up for Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here