Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izzy Brown

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is this who we've moved on to after losing out to Swansea with Abraham? Looks like Southampton are also interested, Next...

You've said "looks like" then given up on him as a fact without a single shred of corroboration.

D'oh

We wont get him then

And this is just a reaction to an unsubstantiated post regarding not getting a player that no one wants anyway!

:facepalm:

Classic NSC :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's quality. He did have a sulk in April when he was injured though.

Would be a decent bench option for us and would mean we have two number tens compared to zero last year.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's hardly an 'NSC rumour', it was reported by a journalist who works in London, who may have connections to Chelsea. I don't see why it would have any less credence then a report from Huddersfield?

Nor do I, I was being facetious

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The Southampton and Huddersfield were looking to buy for £8 million. Obviously Huddersfield can't loan him and no mention Southampton want a loan move and Chelsea clearly don't want to let him so yet
Positives
Doesn't take a squad place in terms of numbers
Will give Grob ) competition in the 10 role or gives us option to play Grob deeper
He is quick and skilful
West brom thought a lot of him and one of their youngest PL players ever before Chelsea snapped him up. Read a recent article from the youth coach there saying he would be a 40 million pound player by now if he had stayed there as he would if easiky played 100 games and he rated him that highly.
Clearly rated by Chelsea enough not to cash in at a tidy profit at this stage
Was a good player for Huddersfield last year.

Negatives
I doubt it's the case but would be a disappointment if this was the only new forward to sign

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I didn't think he looked 'all that' for Hudds last season but there's no doubt that he learned a lot from the loan.
Could he do it in the Prem currently? I'm far from convinced but will trust the club if this turns out to be of substance.
Definitely a better signing than Mooy at least.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will this do? Or is a Huddersfield originating rumour less believable than an NSC one? :rolleyes:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/foo...ld-town-transfer-rumours-southampton-13272162

If he's now our number one target I'll be concerned if that's OK with those that consider me a bedwetter.

That story pre-dates the Standard's tweet so I think our interest was reported after Saints, not before. All depends if Chelsea want to loan him and if you believe a long term jobbing writer on the Standard I suppose :shrug:

I don't think anyone has said he's our NUMBER ONE target. Just, possibly, maybe, A target.. I've only seen him once live and a couple of times on the telly and you can't judge any player based on that amount but I wouldn't have been pushing a case for him to join based on those games.

As I said on the other thread though, the time to judge is 1 September, not 3 July. He'd be decent enough back up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can't help but comment on the grand irony that just a few days/hours ago our fans were suggesting that Huddersfield's signings were 'preparing for the Championship' and now we look like signing one of their loan players from last season that they didn't prioritise in getting themselves :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That story pre-dates the Standard's tweet so I think our interest was reported after Saints, not before. All depends if Chelsea want to loan him and if you believe a long term jobbing writer on the Standard I suppose :shrug:

I don't think anyone has said he's our NUMBER ONE target. Just, possibly, maybe, A target.. I've only seen him once live and a couple of times on the telly and you can't judge any player based on that amount but I wouldn't have been pushing a case for him to join based on those games.

As I said on the other thread though, the time to judge is 1 September, not 3 July. He'd be decent enough back up.

Can't argue with any of that.

I guess I'm just desperate for us to be in for a proven quality striker, Abraham and Brown aren't that however great the potential.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can't help but comment on the grand irony that just a few days/hours ago our fans were suggesting that Huddersfield's signings were 'preparing for the Championship' and now we look like signing one of their loan players from last season that they didn't prioritise in getting themselves :lolol:

Last week I said they're preparing for the Championship. I mean Tom Ince?!
Earlier today I said they're going down.

I wouldn't say that this thread is what you're suggesting it to be.
There seem to be a few pleased, a few indifferent and a few who don't think he's up to it.
Seems about right to me on any potential new signing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here