Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izzy Brown

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched him in c10 games for Hudds and Rotherham last season in addition to the game with us.

Overhyped and overrated, as most english youngsters are. So much for our recruitment team if we cannot find anybody abroad with as much/better ability than this lad.

Looking forward to the plethora of posters who have been disregarding Hudds signings as 'preparing for next season in the championship' making a complete u-turn and claiming this is a wonderful progressive signing.

As he's 20 he'll be a squad 'freebie', that's got to account for something.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Chelsea have said he's not for sale and Chelsea already have 2 players on loan (PL max)

There is no limit to the number of players a club can loan out, the 2 player loan rules apply to the club they are moving too (and only applies to domestic loans, loans from overseas clubs are considered full transfers and there is currently no limit).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What is this new craze of players with GIRL'S names?

Izzy Brown
Tammy Abraham

We need someone with a MANLY name like Max Power.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
There is no limit to the number of players a club can loan out, the 2 player loan rules apply to the club they are moving too (and only applies to domestic loans, loans from overseas clubs are considered full transfers and there is currently no limit).

I was referring to Hudds having 2 players on loan. I realise i couldn't structured that sentence better.

EDIT: Could've

****, serves me right for forgetting my glasses today.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was referring to Hudds having 2 players on loan. I realise i couldn't structured that sentence better.

Huddersfield only have 1 player on loan that counts to the rules being Kasey Palmer from Chelsea (they can still sign one more play on loan from any PL club other than Chelsea). Jonas Lossl is an overseas loan so doesn't count towards any quota.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
give me loftus -cheek thanks if we are going to loan a chelsea player.

Genuine question. What have people seen of RLC that always makes them suggest him?

He's played 22 times since 2014 and I believe (based on some quick maths) 66 minutes in the prem last season. He hasn't gone out on loan.

So what have people been watching that I've missed?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Genuine question. What have people seen of RLC that always makes them suggest him?

He's played 22 times since 2014 and I believe (based on some quick maths) 66 minutes in the prem last season. He hasn't gone out on loan.

So what have people been watching that I've missed?

They haven't watched anything. They are deducing that he is a fantastic player because Chelsea themselves regard him higher and/or further along in development than the many other youth players they sent out on loan in and around his position/s.

Still, it's better than Brown because there's still hope he MIGHT be quality. We already know what we're getting with Brown.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd rather we were signing our own players rather than helping to develop another clubs player but if it's true I hope he can help us develop as a club I guess!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this who we've moved on to after losing out to Swansea with Abraham? Looks like Southampton are also interested, Next...

MBTerrier

Jul 5, 2017
Personally I'm gutted that we won't be able to sign him. Hudds would have ideally taken Palmer and Brown but Chelsea don't want to sell either, so current premier league loans rules mean we can only take 1 Chelsea player on loan. Rightly or wrongly we've prioritised Palmer but there's not much in it, personally I'd have signed Brown first as he offers a more direct goal threat. I'm sure he'll do well for you guys.

Not sure why some have compared his goal output to Tammy Abraham, he's not a striker!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And will be paying him Chelsea wages for his troubles. Do you think Chelsea are not going to want 100% of his new contract for a potential loan deal?

Probably be on as much as Knocky and Stephens.

I didn't realise you were privy to the intricacies of Chelsea contracts and Albion loan deal negotiations.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now you know better.

I know fook all, other than the lad is 20 so won't cost a precious squad place.
I couldn't even pick him out of an identity parade if the fella next to him was wearing an 'I'm with Izzy Brown' finger pointing t-shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here