Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernard Tomic. At least he's honest

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sounds like a bit of a bellend, trying to explain away defeats by making out he's not really trying.

"The last sort of year or two, nothing motivates. It's not I don't give my best. I still try to go for it in a way."

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What a loser.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I admire the maverick spirit in him, we can't all have the poise of Roger zzzzzzzz Federer.

A loser worth £4m Easy, that's the kind of loser I aspire to be.

Fair play to the woman asking the questions though.

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Hate him and a few other players, they make sure they keep their ranking high enough that they can play in the big tournaments just to collect the prize money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I admire the maverick spirit in him, we can't all have the poise of Roger zzzzzzzz Federer.

A loser worth £4m Easy, that's the kind of loser I aspire to be.

He's clearly done alright for himself, but he carries a losers attitude. A very poor sportsman, certainly not the type of individual I'd pay to go and watch. If he's not interested then why should anyone else be.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If he's not interested then why should anyone else be.

I agree, equally I appreciate his honesty and wonder if it's partly spawned by weariness with playing the media game off the back of a (possibly genuine) defeat and is just him wanting to stick up a middle finger to a few journalists. Don't know a lot about him, I bow to bobbyc's superior knowledge.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
He's clearly done alright for himself, but he carries a losers attitude. A very poor sportsman, certainly not the type of individual I'd pay to go and watch. If he's not interested then why should anyone else be.

Ronnie O'Sullivan has been like that for years and has said very similar but he's still a big draw for spectators. This bloke might have just lost his mojo for the game in the same way.

Ronnie is world class though, this bloke isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ronnie O'Sullivan has been like that for years and has said very similar but he's still a big draw for spectators. This bloke might have just lost his mojo for the game in the same way.

Ronnie is world class though, this bloke isn't.

Ronnie suffers from depression and has to work very hard with his running and with his sports psych coach to stay on track. The tennis bloke, by contrast, sounds like a petulant bad loser who, as soon as things go against him, sulks. We all know people like this . . . in footy the name Balotelli springs to mind.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's just a job to Tomic then. I don't have a problem with that really. There are plenty of people who do just enough to secure their livelihoods and don't feel the need to falsely enthuse about it.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I innately have the mindset of a loser, but I've always thought this about tennis. You see these players who are as near as Worzel Gummidge to making the latter stages of a tournament, with career earnings of hundreds of thousands of pounds. And they've probably worked their nads off in academies to get to that stage. Must be tempting to just qualify and clock in.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Tomic and Kyrgios both have foul mouths and bad attitudes.
Not sportsmen just spoilt brats, think they can do and say what they like.
Not liked that much over here to be honest and always in controversy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

a lot of his fortune will come from Australian tax payers under the "tennis australia " systemn.......he has been supported by them since he was a kid (12)........i'm afraid him and Kygrios are pretty poor ambassadors for aussie sport atm..............but not as bad as the cricketers....:lolol:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I've often wondered how Tennis players stay motivated going into a game knowing it could last up to 4+ hours.

I have access to free tennis courts around the corner from where I live. Nothing I dreaded more than getting home from work & my son hassling me for a game of tennis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here