Would you sign Chicarito?

• Yes

Votes: 107 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.6%

• Total voters

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If he isn't considered good enough for Manchester United (20 times English Champions and 3 times Champions of Europe.) then why would we even bloody well consider him when we'll be playing in the same league as them, you blithering idiots?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's an obvious yes for the poll but let's be honest he's prob good enough to start on a regular basis for a lot of clubs. Even some of the tops clubs would have him. So bar wages and the fact it won't be playing for us if defo sign him.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Time to start thinking like a PL team. We have earnt our place at the top table. Would we stand a chance if we enquired, maybe the smallest of chances but guaranteed if we didn't ask the question, we wouldn't. What a coup if we pulled this or similar signing off. You gotta dream big.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes but not going to happen.

Why not ?

I don't think he is on radar but I have a feeling some of them who are will have played at a high level or are currently playing at a high level in the top leagues. There is nothing to stop Brighton from aiming at that level of player now or in the future. They just have to be what the recruitment team think will fit into how we will play in the first year in the Premiership.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Only if he agreed to have 'Hernandez' on the back of his shirt and dropped that embarrassing 'Chicharito' nonsense.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Worked on his house when he was at Utd, very nice guy, as are his whole family, his Dads a laugh. Worth an enquiry, worst case scenario he laughs uncontrollably and hangs up phone, at least we would have tried

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Why not ?

I don't think he is on radar but I have a feeling some of them who are will have played at a high level or are currently playing at a high level in the top leagues. There is nothing to stop Brighton from aiming at that level of player now or in the future. They just have to be what the recruitment team think will fit into how we will play in the first year in the Premiership.

Sorry, I probably should have made it clearer that I don't think it will happen due to possible wage demands. I am sure that we are looking at that calibrate of player if the figures stack up.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Worked on his house when he was at Utd, very nice guy, as are his whole family, his Dads a laugh. Worth an enquiry, worst case scenario he laughs uncontrollably and hangs up phone, at least we would have tried

I'll give him a call now and report back in a minute.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The last figures I can find are from his Utd and Real Madrid contract and are around £100k a week. As 29 year old I doubt he would command that much. It's suggested he may go back to Mexico. I would suggest even at the top end of our wage scale (rumoured to be around £40-45k) it's got to be a better deal?

At 29 he'll probably be expecting the biggest salary of his career, assuming he stays in Europe.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Absolute no brainer.

I had actually suggested him in a thread a while ago, no CL football anymore, on 70k a week at leverkusen which isn't astronomical for a forward man. Unrealistic but we can dream.

Edit: Who the **** said no?:rolleyes::facepalm:

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Oh for christ sake.

Considering he's never played regular top flight football for any of the european teams he's played for. Why has NSC decided to give this man world class credentials? There's far better centre forwards out there.

He's not joining us and yes, he's definitely over rated.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Considering he's never played regular top flight football for any of the european teams he's played for. Why has NSC decided to give this man world class credentials? There's far better centre forwards out there.

He's not joining us and yes, he's definitely over rated.

Indeed. We need players who could have potentially gotten more starts for Real.

His near 2 goals in 3 ratio for Leverkusen is also quite questionable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here