Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signs that a colleague is hung over

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You don't ring up and go "I got all pissed up so I'm having a day off". You use another reason, surely?

The problem being too many people put their whole life on social media so it doesn't take long to find out they were out on the piss the day/night before phoning in sick.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A mild hangover is manageable but I've never understood why people don't just call in sick when they are still drunk or too hungover. It's just not worth going in in that state.

Many eons ago I went in for Saturday overtime, after a Friday night that had me end up sat in a fancy hotel room with some DJs, one of whom was noisily humping a friend of mine in the bedroom at the top of the stairs. I felt rough, yes, but staggered into the warehouse for 8am, without sleep, and with a glazed expression. It was 11am when the night before truly hit me, and about 11.45am when I was found asleep on a pallet of duvets that I'd been sent to collect and load on to a van. Luckily, the one who found me was a friend, and out for a quick snout we went.

So, I think for overtime, you can, and MUST, go in in any condition.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Usually it's the vile smell of the constant farts,particularly if they've been on craft beer and it's still fermenting in their guts!:sick:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I remember one girl coming into work on a Monday morning gurning like she'd dropped more pills than Brian Harvey and her eyes were like saucers. She looked like she'd been dragged through a bush backwards. She got taken into the office by the MD and was relieved of her duties within the hour. It was just an office but she'd been taking the piss for a while.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You get a phone call for the 4th or 5th time claiming their Grandma has died so they won't be in to the office that day

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I remember one girl coming into work on a Monday morning gurning like she'd dropped more pills than Brian Harvey and her eyes were like saucers. She looked like she'd been dragged through a bush backwards. She got taken into the office by the MD and was relieved of her duties within the hour. It was just an office but she'd been taking the piss for a while.

Good to hear, although of course the little dear had "life issues " that were someway connected to her over indulgence!!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Good to hear, although of course the little dear had "life issues " that were someway connected to her over indulgence!!

She did indeed, she'd only been there a month and she'd shagged 2 or possibly 3 of the lads with loose morals from the office. She wasn't a bad looking lass so no issue there but there were some other "Issues" she needed help with.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
She did indeed, she'd only been there a month and she'd shagged 2 or possibly 3 of the lads with loose morals from the office. She wasn't a bad looking lass so no issue there but there were some other "Issues" she needed help with.

Sounds like a lovely girl!! I bet the MD banged her before he sacked her!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here