Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great White off Hayling Island.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have always considered myself a good swimmer, but the actual thought of going in the water far out to sea anywhere absolutely fills me with dread, it genuinely scares me and always has.

Me too. I never go out any further than a depth I can stand up in. Got carried out on a current once abroad, in a place with sharks, and I was terrified. Managed to swim back in, just, but I was left very shaken.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've seen some enormous jellyfish in the sea between the end of the pier and the marina. I think they worry me more than the sharks!

Thankfully never encountered either jellyfish or great whites in Sussex waters...yet.

Round the pier is the daily swim for Brighton Sea Swimming Club, as you may be aware.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For those who don't know, Mr Putdown is a persistant Palace troll.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
For those who don't know, Mr Putdown is a persistant Palace troll.

For those who don't know, cjd is a persistent **** when it comes to my posts on here. If my mere presence annoys him so much I don't get why he doesn't just put me on ignore.

Maybe he'd like to show where I've ever trolled on NSC, a site that I've been a member of for years longer than he has.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For those who don't know, cjd is a persistent **** when it comes to my posts on here.

As can be seen above. This is how persistent Palace trolls who don't have a life, speak to Brighton supporters on our own forum

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
As can be seen above. This is how persistent Palace trolls who don't have a life, speak to Brighton supporters on our own forum

Is that you finding an example of me "trolling" on NSC?

Just put me on ignore so everyone doesn't have to put up with you derailing every thread I post on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As someone who regularly swims a fair distance out to sea, these things do play on the mind, especially when you look back at the beach, the people are just dots and there's nothing but deep water all around you...and then you start a manic crawl stroke back to shore before a great white has your legs/torso away.

This. When I lived in Newquay my main hobby was spearfishing, sometimes you'd find yourself a fair old distance from dry land and you'd become aware that something else was beneath you, it was always a seal, but **** me was it scary, even when I was armed with a harpoon :eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sea temp rising year on year so not out of the question plus they are probably fed up with eating yanks and are sampling other delicacies our seas provide .

They eat a lot of Saffies too!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is that you finding an example of me "trolling" on NSC?

Just put me on ignore so everyone doesn't have to put up with you derailing every thread I post on.

Blimey. ! You still trolling on here ?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So you can't actually find a post of mine where I'm trolling.

On the other hand, your incessant following me around on here, continuously making your utterly groundless accusations, is classic troll behaviour.

Now can we get back to sharks in the English Channel, the subject of this thread.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thankfully never encountered either jellyfish or great whites in Sussex waters...yet.

Round the pier is the daily swim for Brighton Sea Swimming Club, as you may be aware.

TBF, I was a thinking more mid channel rather than a leisurely doggy paddle around the pier, however having done it to save face when I was younger, the water temp. and its colour changes and thats when the imagination starts and the inevitable Jaws music comes into your head ...................

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A few years back I was visiting friends in California and was taken to one of the beaches. It was a warm day so I decided to have a paddle. I made a quick exit with the Jaws music in my mind when I noticed a fin sticking out of the water. It turned out to be a dolphin.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As someone who regularly swims a fair distance out to sea, these things do play on the mind, especially when you look back at the beach, the people are just dots and there's nothing but deep water all around you...and then you start a manic crawl stroke back to shore before a great white has your legs/torso away.

Forget about the shark.

Its the burglar climbing in through the down stairs window while you're asleep that you should worry about (with apologies to Peter Kay).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be a basking shark.

Every fu*king year this story.

And every fu*king year it's a basking shark.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Holidaying on the Isles of Scilly, in my yoof, we were in one of the pleasure boats as a basking shark came along side.
Absolutely thrilling, an incredibly stunning sight to have such a massive shark in almost touching distance, slowly cruising past in crystal clear waters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here