Your Premier League Club

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes I follow two premier league sides.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This is massively overplayed. I don't know anyone that supports Brighton and has a Premier League team as well. However I do know some people that support a Premier league team and occasionally go to a Brighton game. That is very different.

I know of two die hard Albion (going home and away since the 60's, more latterly only home due to age) who are also massive Spurs fans.

I've jokingly taken them to task over this on many an occasion and last season when asked were adamant that when it came to the crunch they were Albion through and through.

We've debated it endlessly and they maintain they can happily support both. I on the other hand have no feelings like I do for the Albion.

Horses for courses I guess.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think we will see Arsenal supporting Dads taking their Albion sons (and daughters) to the games.

Not just Arsenal but this in bucketfuls. Brighton and surrounding areas are the sort of places people move to from elsewhere. Then their kids start supporting Albion and they take them. Think that's admirable rather than try and get their kids supporting whatever team they themselves support.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my 1st,2nd,3rd,4th division team is Brighton

It's impossible to support another team unless bought up there at a young age

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nope your wrong, I know a huge Liverpool fan who has a season ticket at the Amex and we are his second team, I asked him who he would support when we meet next season and he said he was not sure....

He is bringing his sons up as a Brighton fans, however he has told his sons that Liverpool are your second team.

That his choice and I respect that, I don't feckin get it, but I respect that, I still don't feckin get it though and never will...

One of our group is a lifelong gooner, but an Albion season ticket holder too. He's said we won't be using his st when we play Arsenal, and unless he can get a ticket in the away end, simply won't go. Same as he didn't go when we played them in the cup.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This is massively overplayed. I don't know anyone that supports Brighton and has a Premier League team as well. However I do know some people that support a Premier league team and occasionally go to a Brighton game. That is very different.

Season ticket holder who sits near me makes no bones about the fact that he is first and foremost a Man Utd fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly a surprise the ground empties after 75 mins with all these season ticket holders who support other teams.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Apologies if this has been done.

Much to my annoyance some "Albion" fans would watch Spurs, Arsenal, Man U etc on the Sky match before or after kick off and be seriously into the actual games, proper celebrations when a goal was scored etc, so who do they support next year?

Surely you can't support both? Or will it be I follow Brighton but Spurs are me Premier League club?

Really don't get following Brighton but supporting Man Utd or the other way around.

Most if not all fans make noises when another side scores while drinking....whats New?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Season ticket holder who sits near me makes no bones about the fact that he is first and foremost a Man Utd fan.
Begs the question why bother coming. Football is all or nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm the anti-glory hunter. Always loved the underdog. When I was a kid I followed Aston Villa as well as Brighton. I ditched Villa after they won the league. Can't be done with that. So by that take I'll be ditching Albion soon. How much are Crawley Town season tickets ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They're not fans for Christ sakes...they just never grew up and are from Brighton.
Why o why do people continuously bring this up as these twonks don't even know what old Trafford or anfield looks like....
These are virtually all Brighton born or southeast born supporters who say they support these so called clubs for image reasons only!!!

Case closed

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
When in the North ( at the Goldstone ) and the half time scores came through there was always a little cheer for a team in the top league ie Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. So there was back then and i still assume there still is. Myself i was born in the North East and moved South when i was 6 so Newcastle was drilled into me until i went to watch Brighton and now it's Brighton followed by Newcastle.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I may aswell stick me head up from the bunker and let the shots come flying at me.

I have two teams. Always will.

If you have a problem you can go back to 1992 and have a go at my 6 year old self. :lolol:

Albion Season ticket since 2000 and will never stop going to the albion, but I also want Arsenal to win. It's stuck now, I can't just "turn off" the Arsenal part. It would be easier if I could but then, by default, if I could do that then I never would have truly "cared" for them in the first place.

And for those who care about the mechanics, it doesn't work, It's exactly why you shouldn't have two teams. I refer to Brighton as "we" but arsenal as "they". I would catagorise it as being a brighton "Fan" who "follows" Arsenal. If Arsenal lose I'm peeved, if Brighton lose im GUTTED. I watched the two cup games in recent years and will watch the games this year but feel odd throughout. I want Brighton to win them but it's odd. You don't think, at 6, that Brighton and Arsenal will ever meet because they were worlds apart in my little brain.

The choice to follow Arsenal was out of fear. I came in to a "favourite sports person" day dressed as Steve Foster, fake beard and headband. I was mocked whilst others stood there in their Man Utd shirts. I wanted to be "different" but still included in the premier league gang. Arsenal finished 10th that year. Middle of the league and I liked red. That was how I chose.

The funny thing is, if I'd chosen some of the other teams from that season's premier league and still supported them now, no one would care. Oldham, Ipswich, Coventry etc

Frankly, I couldn't give two hoots if you dislike it or not. It was a decision made by a child who also wanted his job to be "a dog" so it was never going to be logical.

You wouldn't be supporting those clubs now because no they are shite and you like the sense of achievement when Arsenal do well. You need to grow up from your 6 year old self. I wanted Manchester United to win the Champions League in the 90's. Doesn't mean I should support them for the rest of my life. I felt no connection to them whatsoever because...guess what...I have none!

At school, the top team "supporting" people hated me for supporting The Albion, and I hated them back. I still feel the same. Sure, it didn't win me a lot of friends, but I'm a BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION fan. Fvck people liking me over my football club.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've always found it strange watching "our" fans cheering goals on tv from prem clubs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Slightly off topic, but want to know if I'm just going crazy.

In this close season, I've seen more plastic, top team supporters in their replica shirts than I have done for quite a few years now, and, bizarrely, less Albion shirts.

With us being a Premier League team, you would think that we would be seeing more blue and white striped tops worn proudly by fans, old and new. It seems the opposite has happened!

Maybe the "Big 5" fans are buying and wearing their team's shirts more than ever as a protest against The Albion and us fans. All those years of slagging us off is finally coming to bite them back in the arse, and they feel the need to show their plastic support to still try to claim superiority over us.

Is this a normal close season thing I've missed over the last few years? Or are the plastics coming out in force?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Slightly off topic, but want to know if I'm just going crazy.

In this close season, I've seen more plastic, top team supporters in their replica shirts than I have done for quite a few years now, and, bizarrely, less Albion shirts.

With us being a Premier League team, you would think that we would be seeing more blue and white striped tops worn proudly by fans, old and new. It seems the opposite has happened!

Maybe the "Big 5" fans are buying and wearing their team's shirts more than ever as a protest against The Albion and us fans. All those years of slagging us off is finally coming to bite them back in the arse, and they feel the need to show their plastic support to still try to claim superiority over us.

Is this a normal close season thing I've missed over the last few years? Or are the plastics coming out in force?

Different experience to me. I've been seeing more and more albion shirts around and now more than ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here