Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Premier League Club

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apologies if this has been done.

Much to my annoyance some "Albion" fans would watch Spurs, Arsenal, Man U etc on the Sky match before or after kick off and be seriously into the actual games, proper celebrations when a goal was scored etc, so who do they support next year?

Surely you can't support both? Or will it be I follow Brighton but Spurs are me Premier League club?

Really don't get following Brighton but supporting Man Utd or the other way around.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is massively overplayed. I don't know anyone that supports Brighton and has a Premier League team as well. However I do know some people that support a Premier league team and occasionally go to a Brighton game. That is very different.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is massively overplayed. I don't know anyone that supports Brighton and has a Premier League team as well. However I do know some people that support a Premier league team and occasionally go to a Brighton game. That is very different.

True, hadn't thought of that, but always see a few people, often with Albion hat, scarf or shirt cheering a Spurs goal etc.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I know two season ticket holders, one of which does 7 or 8 away games a season too. They support Chelsea and Spurs.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Nope your wrong, I know a huge Liverpool fan who has a season ticket at the Amex and we are his second team, I asked him who he would support when we meet next season and he said he was not sure....

He is bringing his sons up as a Brighton fans, however he has told his sons that Liverpool are your second team.

That his choice and I respect that, I don't feckin get it, but I respect that, I still don't feckin get it though and never will...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Now we're in the PL I don't care if people want to support us and a smaller, Football League club such as Aston Villa, Leeds, Sunderland, Norwich, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Derby, Forest etc...

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I think it will be interesting to see how folk react to fans cheering the opposition scoring a goal.

a) Tut loudly
b) Ignore them
c) report them to the closest steward as away fans are not allowed in the home end

I'd probably ignore them but then we are in the family section.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
True, hadn't thought of that, but always see a few people, often with Albion hat, scarf or shirt cheering a Spurs goal etc.

If I've got a 20 quid on one more goal in a game, and someone scores, I'll cheer either side, I'll also cheer the ref if he gives a pen, or the Lino, if he over rules a ref and gives a goal, that the ref hasn't given. I'll also cheer a bookin, a corner, or a sending off if I have money on it.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Just had a thought about how fantastic it is now that THOSE people can no longer obnoxiously say "yeah, you support Brighton, but who are your Premier League team?" ... "you MUST have one" ... "not even UNITED or CITY?"

W*NKERS

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I use to support Man U, then Chelsea and then Man city for a bit.......but started following BHAFC when they moved to the Amex.

Just kidding!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I may aswell stick me head up from the bunker and let the shots come flying at me.

I have two teams. Always will.

If you have a problem you can go back to 1992 and have a go at my 6 year old self. :lolol:

Albion Season ticket since 2000 and will never stop going to the albion, but I also want Arsenal to win. It's stuck now, I can't just "turn off" the Arsenal part. It would be easier if I could but then, by default, if I could do that then I never would have truly "cared" for them in the first place.

And for those who care about the mechanics, it doesn't work, It's exactly why you shouldn't have two teams. I refer to Brighton as "we" but arsenal as "they". I would catagorise it as being a brighton "Fan" who "follows" Arsenal. If Arsenal lose I'm peeved, if Brighton lose im GUTTED. I watched the two cup games in recent years and will watch the games this year but feel odd throughout. I want Brighton to win them but it's odd. You don't think, at 6, that Brighton and Arsenal will ever meet because they were worlds apart in my little brain.

The choice to follow Arsenal was out of fear. I came in to a "favourite sports person" day dressed as Steve Foster, fake beard and headband. I was mocked whilst others stood there in their Man Utd shirts. I wanted to be "different" but still included in the premier league gang. Arsenal finished 10th that year. Middle of the league and I liked red. That was how I chose.

The funny thing is, if I'd chosen some of the other teams from that season's premier league and still supported them now, no one would care. Oldham, Ipswich, Coventry etc

Frankly, I couldn't give two hoots if you dislike it or not. It was a decision made by a child who also wanted his job to be "a dog" so it was never going to be logical.

Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I watch all football, but the only time i celebrate another team scoring is:

A) if that goal impacts our league standing (e.g. Butterfield goal v Hudds to send us up)
B) any goal scored against Crystal Palace

On a side not I would never celebrate said team mentioned in point B in the scenario mentioned in point A. Never, ever.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
If I've got a 20 quid on one more goal in a game, and someone scores, I'll cheer either side, I'll also cheer the ref if he gives a pen, or the Lino, if he over rules a ref and gives a goal, that the ref hasn't given. I'll also cheer a bookin, a corner, or a sending off if I have money on it.
Exactly this.
I have been guilty in the past of cheering a goal (can't even remember which team now)
Simple fact was, I'd made the schoolboy error of sticking a lunchtime kick off in my acca and it was looking doomed with 5 minutes to go until that goal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Soft spot for Liverpool (went to Uni. there at a time when they were playing students in the first team - so degree of affinity!) - plus that gave me an interest in the first division (when we weren't in it) and Europe. Brighton have played Liverpool quite a few times in my lifetime - who did I want to win, every time? Yes, of course, Brighton all the way!
But that's no reason not to have an interest in Liverpool, as a sort of second team. I'm also going to be cheering on the finest village team in England this season - Forest Green (but not if we get them in one of the cups)!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have a soft spot for Leeds (mother and her family from there, cousins still live in the city) and QPR (used to live nearby), who have both been in the top division at times (and Leeds, of course, are former champions of Europe) but would never want either to get a result against us. And luckily they can now both be my lower division teams.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Started following Albion when I was about 8 years old back in the mid 60's. In those days we were always in the lower leagues and never on TV so it was traditional to support a 1st division team as well. When in my teens I followed Man United to many mainly London games and although passionate about them at the time, my first club was always Albion.

Probably during my late 20's I lost all interest in Man Utd and have no affection either way for them these days. However on the plus side I did get to see the likes of Best, Law, Charlton etc live and when they were at their peak.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why would anyone have a 2nd team? You wouldn't marry the women you love but have a second wife that you never see in the flesh but sometimes Web cam with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here