Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is this Halep lady having an orgasm every time she hits the ball ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of the best Wimbledon matches ever......and the wave starts :facepalm:

That was unreal. I've long felt that outside of Selhurst, the crowds at Wimbledon are collectively the most embarrassing bunch of BUFFOONS at any sporting venue. There's always one goon who has to get one more shout in after the rest of the "COME ON XXXX"'s have finally died down. The shrieks and yelps emanating from the Prosecco-addled, sunburnt, middle-aged Mumsnet brigade cheering on whatever piece of beefcake they've latched themselves onto is utterly cringeworthy.

And the outright HYSTERIA that erupts if a pigeon lands on the court makes me idly wish for a tactical drone strike on the whole cuffing thing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will BBC Radio Sussex drop the " Eastbourne's " Johanna Konta epithet if she loses today ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was unreal. I've long felt that outside of Selhurst, the crowds at Wimbledon are collectively the most embarrassing bunch of BUFFOONS at any sporting venue. There's always one goon who has to get one more shout in after the rest of the "COME ON XXXX"'s have finally died down. The shrieks and yelps emanating from the Prosecco-addled, sunburnt, middle-aged Mumsnet brigade cheering on whatever piece of beefcake they've latched themselves onto is utterly cringeworthy.

And the outright HYSTERIA that erupts if a pigeon lands on the court makes me idly wish for a tactical drone strike on the whole cuffing thing.
Absolutely 100% this. Glad I am away and missing the whole ****ing thing. Only current exposure is the Facebook feeds from people who usually express no interest in sport whatsoever but for two weeks somehow find watching tennis 'super stressful' and every performance 'amazing'. So glad I am not in the office and having to put up with the inevitable hours of discussion about it, and irritating minute-by-minute updates on Murray being 'in a tense tie break'......

**** OFF!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Women? Really don't care.

Remember, this is an opinion. I don't care that much about the women either. Despite the prowess of Serena Williams, her sister, and other good women players, they just don't entertain me very well. It's much like watching U-17 compared to the senior team.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Good bounce of my earlier comment. I am now glued to the Konta game. It seems when it is an English (sort of) woman then I do care!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tennis is shite.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Remember, this is an opinion. I don't care that much about the women either. Despite the prowess of Serena Williams, her sister, and other good women players, they just don't entertain me very well. It's much like watching U-17 compared to the senior team.

It's a different sport really.

A bit like basketball and wheelchair basket ball...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here