Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Creocote!!!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
The stench of this tossing stuff has completely ruined my Sunday Bacon Sarnie! My dad used to use it on his fences and sheds when I was a lad and it's the worst smell ever! My neighbour will be getting some verbals later but for now I've had to leave the house and find a cafe! What are your worse memorable smells NSCers?💩

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Creosote is OK not sure about creocote though.

Worst smell was probably at the top of Mount Teide on the island of Tenerife. Took a cable car up there and walked the last 300 or so feet but the smell of sulphur was overwhelming.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Believe you cannot get creosote in the UK now, except for agricultural purposes (too inflammable), but creoCote smells just as bad but is half as good. Go find a friendly farmer I say.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
my neighbours BBQs smell pretty weird. The smell of gloss paint gives me a headache. When I worked at a printers the manager's aftershave made me sneeze ... awkward

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Believe you cannot get creosote in the UK now, except for agricultural purposes (too inflammable), but creoCote smells just as bad but is half as good. Go find a friendly farmer I say.

Friendly and farmer? those two words don't go well together in my experience. Get off my land, is the friendliest thing my local farmer has ever yelled at me, when I take the public footpath through his fields.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.

Didn't think creosote was available to the general public anymore because of its environmental impact.

Shame though. Much better for preserving a fence than the Ronseal/Cuprinol stuff that's supposed to last five years but needs redoing after eighteen months. And there's never the karate kid around when you need him.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Think I'm right in saying that from the early 2000's it has been illegal to sell creosote to the general public and it is illegal for general public to use it. It's ok for professionals to use creosote based products but I think it may only be sold under license.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This stuff, you want to drink it not shower with it, suitable for vegans as well. :drool:

51GCfTfBWoL._SY550_.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
BT soak their poles in Creosote, I'm ex BT so I used to smell of it if I spent the day hanging off the top of poles, fortunately I love the smell.
As for bad smells it's all poo related for me, the smell of dogs shit is disgusting and walking into the gents toilet in a Greek hot and humid bar after midnight with a full bin and an unflushed Khazi takes some beating.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Think I'm right in saying that from the early 2000's it has been illegal to sell creosote to the general public and it is illegal for general public to use it. It's ok for professionals to use creosote based products but I think it may only be sold under license.

I thought it was no longer available as it classed as a carcinogenic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't beat a bottle of Creocote, served chilled - great with fish and white meat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here