Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh well the joy of working out the intricacies of the final week was fun while it lasted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why? What happened?

As one of the greatest ever tour commentators once said "Aru is all fur coat and no knickers", he ballsed up the run in and dropped a load of seconds to Froome who is now back in yellow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As one of the greatest ever tour commentators once said "Aru is all fur coat and no knickers", he ballsed up the run in and dropped a load of seconds to Froome who is now back in yellow.

I'd be interested to see what Froome would be wearing if team strength was reversed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be interested to see what Froome would be wearing if team strength was reversed.

There's no way he wouldn't have been at the pointy end.
Team Sky weren't exactly leading the peloton, reverse the teams and Froome would have been on Aru's wheel, just like Martin, Yates, Bardet and Uran were right behind Froome.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's no way he wouldn't have been at the pointy end.
Team Sky weren't exactly leading the peloton, reverse the teams and Froome would have been on Aru's wheel, just like Martin, Yates, Bardet and Uran were right behind Froome.

Yep, fair enough, it probably was race naivety as much as anything else from Aru there.

I'm probably over reacting a bit because, even though we knew it already, it's back to business as usual with Sky Zzzzzzzzzzz for the rest of the race.

Only glimmer of hope still is if AG2R can continue to bring their A game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, fair enough, it probably was race naivety as much as anything else from Aru there.

I'm probably over reacting a bit because, even though we knew it already, it's back to business as usual with Sky Zzzzzzzzzzz for the rest of the race.

Only glimmer of hope still is if AG2R can continue to bring their A game.

Boohoo finished 13 seconds and 12 places ahead of Aru, without a teammate in sight.

There really is no excuse.

It'll be interesting to see if Sky try to podium Landa.
If they do, that'll certainly keep things livelier.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Boohoo finished 13 seconds and 12 places ahead of Aru, without a teammate in sight.

There really is no excuse.

It'll be interesting to see if Sky try to podium Landa.
If they do, that'll certainly keep things livelier.

When you say "interesting" and "livelier", do you mean in a watching motor racing or snooker kind of interesting?

I can barely contain my excitement! :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you say "interesting" and "livelier", do you mean in a watching motor racing or snooker kind of interesting?

I can barely contain my excitement! :lol:
Tomorrow you should be able to cheer on Steve Cummings. :shrug:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ah well. Even the final stage is over already. The gorilla will have too much water in his eyes to see properly, so an easy one for Kittell.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tomorrow you should be able to cheer on Steve Cummings. :shrug:

Hardly, when my money will be on De Marchi again. Steve can come a glorious second if he likes :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get your bingo cards out 'Sport of the People Stat' is here.

After yesterday's Cycling Podcast ripped into Aru and Astana (nobody likes an 'I told you so' :lol: ) they went on to mention Sunweb.

Apparently as the team were staying in town they dispensed with the team bus and just made their own way back to the hotel.

This meant Warren Bargill, current Polka dot jersey wearing, French winner on yesterday's Bastille Day stage, was seen happily riding back through the throng of spectators completely alone.
No helpers, no security, or oversized headphones, just a national hero, conspicuously dressed, and lots of applause.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just turned over from Wimbledon final. What gives with Froome? What happened?

We just got in from a football tournament to see all of AG2R drilling it up the Cat 1 climb.
They dropped Froome.
Then Froome punctured, unless he'd been riding with a soft tyre (good advert for going tubeless)
AG2R were gunning it up the climb.
Froome had to ride like a looney to get back on.
Landa then covered the rest of the moves, until Martin finally squeezed out a few seconds.

Other than a moment from Uran none of the other favourites put their noses into the wind, to pressure Froome.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We just got in from a football tournament to see all of AG2R drilling it up the Cat 1 climb.
They dropped Froome.
Then Froome punctured, unless he'd been riding with a soft tyre (good advert for going tubeless)
AG2R were gunning it up the climb.
Froome had to ride like a looney to get back on.
Landa then covered the rest of the moves, until Martin finally squeezed out a few seconds.

Other than a moment from Uran none of the other favourites put their noses into the wind, to pressure Froome.

I saw it from the time that Froome was chasing back on. Wish I'd seen more, but you make your choices...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw it from the time that Froome was chasing back on. Wish I'd seen more, but you make your choices...

I'll hazard a guess the highlights will start about 5 minutes before we started watching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here