Size:  209.1 KB
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
    Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I've been out so missed it.

The shitgibbons on Sky News spoke about the correct stage but showed yesterdays finishes though.

0 Not allowed!
      So what we going with tomorrow people?, GC or break to take it?

I'll go with break loaded with Frenchies because it's Bastille Day. Calmejane to put up a brave fight but De Marchi to break French hearts.

What I'd really like is Aru, Bardet and Uran to attack on that very steep part near the top of the last climb and meet up with team mates on the descent and take more time out of Froome. Trouble is that descent is long and not very technical. Froome is a good descender these days and has a master descender in Kwiat to help him too. Also a good chance Sky try to get riders in the break as well.
      They hang the man and flog the woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      Yet let the greater villain loose
      That steals the common from the goose

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1066familyman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So what we going with tomorrow people?, GC or break to take it?

I'll go with break loaded with Frenchies because it's Bastille Day. Calmejane to put up a brave fight but De Marchi to break French hearts.

What I'd really like is Aru, Bardet and Uran to attack on that very steep part near the top of the last climb and meet up with team mates on the descent and take more time out of Froome. Trouble is that descent is long and not very technical. Froome is a good descender these days and has a master descender in Kwiat to help him too. Also a good chance Sky try to get riders in the break as well.
      I guess the plan was for Froome to 'win' Le Tour yesterday, and not bother about piffling stages like this one.

Are Sky going to lick their wounds and bide their time for one more GC assault before the ITT, or are they coming out swinging today?

I have no idea, but GT's need more of this is the kind of stage.
      Forcing some of that 'different thinking' I was bibbling on about the other day.

It should be fun.

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Tour has got interesting now froome has some competition.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      More controversy as to why Bardet wasn't docked 20 seconds for taking a drink from a spectator when Uran and George Bennett were for the same offence.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...-incompetence/
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      ITV4 from about one o'clock cycling up four bloody great mountains without a motor or even drugs. How many inches will the race winner win by and how many seconds in the GC?

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      More controversy as to why Bardet wasn't docked 20 seconds for taking a drink from a spectator when Uran and George Bennett were for the same offence.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...-incompetence/
      The rule for taking on additional drinks or food is clear on a mountain stage and shouldn't be done from less than 10km out, Froome had the same penalty if I remember for a gel Porte gave to him after going back to the team car on the double ascent of Alp d'huez although he had plenty of time in hand to take the 20secs on the chin.

So Bardet doesn't get a penalty because apparently it couldn't be seen whether he took a drink from the biden he was given or not...BUT HE TOOK THE FRIGGIN BIDEN!! I'll have to use that with Sussex Police, yes officer, I took the gram of dance powder, but I never used it...that's okay then son, on your way...

Actually, I don't want Bardet penalised, I'd rather Uran and Bennett were given a harsh slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, like a yellow card like system, but given the crap that goes on with spectators and their impact on some of these stages and how close they get, you can understand it, plus how on earth would anyone know whats in the bottle? I dunno, rules is rules, but the Jury in this race appear to want to f*ck it up on their own...

edit: I had a word.
      Last edited by Bold Seagull; 14-07-2017 at 10:19.

0 Not allowed!
      The time penalties have been overturned.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
      ITV4 from about one o'clock cycling up four bloody great mountains without a motor or even drugs. How many inches will the race winner win by and how many seconds in the GC?
      Bardet won yesterday by 2 secs, followed by 2 riders, who were then 3 secs ahead of the 4th place rider, who was then 2 secs ahead of 5th, who was 6 secs ahead of 6th, who was 9 secs ahead of 7th.

The 10th place rider finished 1min 28 secs after the winner. The 179th rider came in 37mins 57secs after the winner.

I have no idea what these gaps were in distance, but given it was a steep uphill finish, a 1 sec gap was probably a couple of meters.