Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Very harsh DQ imo, nothing out of the ordinary and I would say mainly unintentional.

If they keep this up how many will be DQ'd before the end?

Still someone else will get to wear green in Paris this year...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My 2 favourite riders out in one moment, great.

I do admire the tour for dismissing him though, it's more important to make the right decision than to keep a star on board.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
All I can say is thank god these commisaires werent around in the days of the Tashkent Terror or the Lion King - we wouldnt have any sprinters left in the race. Harsh DQ if you ask me but whats done is done!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still didn't see enough to warrant a disqualification.

Of course 'the book' should have been thrown at PS, as it was,
But that decision seemed to me to be more about super slo-mo, and willy waving, than what actually happened.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought the judgement was correct, the decision somewhat harsh.

Looking forward to seeing how G can do tomorrow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This doesn't really prove anything, by virtue of the fact we're actually talking about the blink of an eye:-

[tweet]882322267820236800[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This doesn't really prove anything, by virtue of the fact we're actually talking about the blink of an eye:-

[tweet]882322267820236800[/tweet]

It shows that actually the elbow wasn't the problem at all, and in fact the elbow didn't cause the crash, lack of space did, Cav already on the way down as Sagan's elbow comes out, it was actually his shoulder that did the damage.

Really incredibly harsh decision. An overreaction I think.

I actually think Cav messes up here by leaving too big a gap between himself and Damare, Sagan takes the gap and gets on Damare's wheel, Cav fights back with no space, if Cav yields, he doesn't come off. I think they've had a shocker.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This has been mentioned a few times on twitter and be honest it's always worth a replay:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It shows that actually the elbow wasn't the problem at all, and in fact the elbow didn't cause the crash, lack of space did, Cav already on the way down as Sagan's elbow comes out, it was actually his shoulder that did the damage.

Really incredibly harsh decision. An overreaction I think.
But it's only one angle slowed down to frame by frame, that can't be the judge and jury when it's 6 man incident all travelling at over 40mph, and Boo-Hoo's a ready made scapegoat.

It was tough for me not to have a little chuckle when Boardman said the same as me on the highlights.
Sure the guys a geek, but an NSC geek, one of us, who knew!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it's only one angle slowed down to frame by frame, that can't be the judge and jury when it's 6 man incident all travelling at over 40mph, and Boo-Hoo's a ready made scapegoat.

It was tough for me not to have a little chuckle when Boardman said the same as me on the highlights.
Sure the guys a geek, but an NSC geek, one of us, who knew!!

But the judges appear to be certain...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't think that was worthy of a DQ. I'm with stat brother. Think there were so many factors involved and it wasn't just Sagan being reckless.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't think that was worthy of a DQ. I'm with stat brother. Think there were so many factors involved and it wasn't just Sagan being reckless.

And it certainly wasn't Bouhanni being reckless, this time. Demare can count himself lucky though if we're pointing fingers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the judges appear to be certain...
Oh yeah, and as much as I don't agree (not that that amounts to anything other than a massive pile of nothing) I'm not saying how wrong they are, I'm just not convinced they have come to that conclusion for the right reasons.

This time that's me plagiarising Boardman.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You cannot take your hands off the bars to block people,

Good job he didn't then.

I'm a fan of both and gutted for both. The DQ is a bullshit call though. The head on view showed minimal movement but the overhead showed more. I ain't bright enough to work out what the actual impact was.

As a motorcycle racing fan, that gets filed as a racing incident.

Going up the inside was a risk and sadly for Cav, it didn't come off.

Greipel can dry his eyes too the prat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As and when we do put todays stage to bed, a quick reminder that tomorrows is going to be AWESOME.

I've not been able to look beyond stage 5 in my guide, I have no idea what's coming up, because La Planche des Belles Filles is such a great climb.

I'm going to be bold and say tomorrow will be more explosive than today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here