The Official 104th Tour de France thread

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Someone just summed up today's stage perfectly....Tour de Flèche Wallone. :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No Cataldo, no Fuglsang. Good luck defending this Aru...you're going to need it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet now a few teams are wishing they didn't let Sky dominate the entire stage.
They sure as hell won't fall for that bluff again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tour is a joke these days. Froome has a non-mechanical incident and they still sit up and wait for him.

They waited because they were shite scared.
Had that happened tomorrow after today's failure they'd all be off like scalded cats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tour is a joke these days. Froome has a non-mechanical incident and they still sit up and wait for him.

No one was attacking that far out. They all wanted to be led up by Sky then attack at the end, which worked out as an incredible finish. They could have attacked, they wouldn't have worked together, then had nothing for the final run in, which is where they broke Froome. Brilliant racing.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Had that happened tomorrow after today's failure they'd all be off like scalded cats.

Exactly, they'd have had to effectively form a team of competing individuals. Froome still had 3 doms with him at that point, little did we know he was struggling...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

They waited because of the garbage that went on after Aru had a crack the other day. Nobody knew if they should have a crack or not. They were looking around and looking back for where he was.

Time to get rid of these moronic unwritten rules and apply the tough shit rules to any incidents.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No one was attacking that far out. They all wanted to be led up by Sky then attack at the end, which worked out as an incredible finish. They could have attacked, they wouldn't have worked together, then had nothing for the final run in, which is where they broke Froome. Brilliant racing.

If they had attacked those domestiques would have been used up far earlier having to bring back anyone who went away in an attack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They waited because of the garbage that went on after Aru had a crack the other day. Nobody knew if they should have a crack or not. They were looking around and looking back for where he was.

Time to get rid of these moronic unwritten rules and apply the tough shit rules to any incidents.
No I completely disagree, if only for the fact I've never seen an 'unwritten rule' applied to rider error.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they had attacked those domestiques would have been used up far earlier having to bring back anyone who went away in an attack.
Hindsight would suggest Landa would still be riding now, if he had too.

I was building myself up to question not attack Rowe and Knees, considerably earlier.
Allowing the peloton to get stuck into Kwai and Kiri, leaving Froome using up his last men on the penultimate climb.

As it turns out, that's all academic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well they sat up today.
Yes, but not because of 'unwritten rules'.

Half the riders were on the limit and very soon got spat out anyway.
The other half knew they couldn't kick twice with that final 500 metres at the end, and a '100%' Froome & 3 team mates on their heels.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, but for each domestique used up getting Sky back on, one of the attacking group would have been used up trying to keep the gap - who was going to sacrifice themselves because that would have had to have been a very quick gentlemen's agreement between that attacking group that they were each going to work together to stay ahead of Sky. Probably would have suited Sky had they done that as they probably could have handled bringing it back together, rather than the explosion at the top. Don't think that explosion is happening if they attacked earlier and made it stick.

Not sure why you have such an issue with the tactics when at the end, it worked brilliantly pretty much for all the GC contenders, certainly brings Bardet and Uran right into the mix.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, but not because of 'unwritten rules'.

Half the riders were on the limit and very soon got spat out anyway.
The other half knew they couldn't kick twice with that final 500 metres at the end, and a '100%' Froome & 3 team mates on their heels.

Exactly. And it worked. Since Froome started leading Sky, we've not seen him (uninjured) and Sky shown up on a summit finish like that. Were Sky out bluffed!?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey, the closing tune to today's ITV4 coverage has been the most exciting bit of the whole day :(

The think they're clever with the 'Bardet, Bardet...... sound a like. Do they know that's the Answer riddim I wonder? Does Froome even have the answer even?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DEoRSfCXYAAdVs1.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've been out so missed it.

The shitgibbons on Sky News spoke about the correct stage but showed yesterdays finishes though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here