Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Am I allowed to mention today's stage and result now, or is there an unwritten rule not to spoil until everyone's watched the ITV4 highlights?

No, no rule like that on here. We discuss the race as it happens, so it's never a problem.

But NEVER give spoilers on the Cycling Geeks thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone catch the Motorcycle police punching a running man who then flew down a ditch

Do you mean the little rotund fella in a brown jumper, or the Colombian guy, or the big bloke in yellow, or anyone one of about 20 other felons?
Brown sweater enjoyed it immensely, there was a big grin on his face when he popped back up again.

I get the impression Mr Policeman had one of his best days at work, EVER.

He was a pair of flares and kipper tie away from saying - "We're The Sweeney! We kill you - nothing! You kill us - thirty years!"

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DFL8V2QXgAEuJIx.jpg

Just out of interest, now that AG2R are no longer a joke team and are in fact an exciting attacking unit, prepared to animate Grand Tour stages.
Are we now, I won't say forgiving, so let's go with 'able to look past' brown bib shorts?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Do you mean the little rotund fella in a brown jumper, or the Colombian guy, or the big bloke in yellow, or anyone one of about 20 other felons?
Brown sweater enjoyed it immensely, there was a big grin on his face when he popped back up again.

I get the impression Mr Policeman had one of his best days at work, EVER.

He was a pair of flares and kipper tie away from saying - "We're The Sweeney! We kill you - nothing! You kill us - thirty years!"

At least they have left the riders alone this year

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Roll on the Eneco Tour.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some bloody great cliffs. I would like to have hang glider or parachute!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You often chuck your sunglasses away on climbs then??

God, yes, that was incredible. I pictured myself on the side of the road, battling to get hold of them - and then to forever cycle in Kwiatkowski's glasses.

Someone will be.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Just out of interest, now that AG2R are no longer a joke team and are in fact an exciting attacking unit, prepared to animate Grand Tour stages.
Are we now, I won't say forgiving, so let's go with 'able to look past' brown bib shorts?[/QUOTE]

I'd always seen AG2R's gear as a tribute to great Coventry City kits of the past - light blue and brown together//////1

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Are we now, I won't say forgiving, so let's go with 'able to look past' brown bib shorts?

I'd always seen AG2R's gear as a tribute to great Coventry City kits of the past - light blue and brown together//////1[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, and have defended the MAGNIFICENT AG2R kit before. I know the 'rules' say that shorts should be black, but those brown ones, well, they're gorgeous, aren't they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]888323401366077440[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here