Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points will the Albion get next season?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Hopefully a lot more than the 11 points Derby County managed in the 2007/08 season.

Will be tight, but think we'd have enough mental strength to get the magical 40 points.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
18-20.

With the vast majority of those points coming at home. I can't see us winning many away to be honest.

Sure - make 5-6 superb signings and we might just stay up. But that is looking like a big ask given what I perceive to be the playing budget.

For me; just watching us on MOTD will be enough - I seriously doubted that would ever happen!

A rough ride, but a ride all the same :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
18-20.

With the vast majority of those points coming at home. I can't see us winning many away to be honest.

Sure - make 5-6 superb signings and we might just stay up. But that is looking like a big ask given what I perceive to be the playing budget.

For me; just watching us on MOTD will be enough - I seriously doubted that would ever happen!

A rough ride, but a ride all the same :)
Yes we'll get 1 min right at the end :thumbsup:
Doubt we'll get any away wins and the home form will naturally decide our fate....Not fussed if we go down as the championship is great.Dont see us making many signings as the current squad will get a crack,so possession will be around 30% next season I'm sure.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The Premier League is massively over-hyped in terms of quality. We'll no doubt pull off the odd shock against some of the big boys and hold our own against teams in and around us. Hughton needs to find the right balance between defence and attack. I'm sure he learnt a lot in that regard from his time at Norwich, where he was once again shafted by a club that were getting too big for their boots.

I reckon we'll survive on 42 points.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I feel a bit concerned with a theme that runs through this and other threads where people say that they don't mind if we get relegated. It's not a given that we will do a Burnley and hop back up the following season but there seems to be a tone of that's how it works. It's taken us 34 years to return to the top flight and many seem to be of the mindset that it's ok if we go down we'll just come back up the next year. Can't believe that after the club saying they are PLR for the last couple of years they are going to be thinking that way either.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
POll

Under 11
11 - 20
20 - 30
31 - 36
41-45
45-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
79-92
93+

36 ahead of Watford and Huddersfield but the same points tally as Newcastle. 36 with four games to go. 33 with five games to go.

Last edited:

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
At this moment in time I'd guess around the 30 mark, however there is still plenty of time left in the summer transfer window and with a couple of additions that points tally could get above the 40 mark. Overall i'll go for 41, under the assumption we do a bit more transfer business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here