Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mashed Potato,how do you like it and what with ?

Overcooked leftover soggy vegetables should never be let anywhere near the majestic mashed potato. Thread reopened.
I suppose if you boil the shit out of veg it could end up overcooked and soggy.

Personally I always steam mine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now that has got me thinking, never thought of mash or indeed gravy with BBQ ribs..

Here my meal....mash and gravy is in the little tub. Works well.

Attachments

• IMG_7391.JPG
    IMG_7391.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7390.JPG
    IMG_7390.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Bake normal sized pots in their skins, roughly mash them, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and maybe mustard to make a surprisingly creamy textured mash - no need for milk or butter.

The baking method is good. The flavour is so potatoey! Olive oil mash has its place but buttery mash I'd the undisputed king.

Yoda

English & European
Bake some jacket potatoes and remove all the flesh from inside. Fill the skins with a home-made Cottage Pie mixture. Mash the potato flesh with Boursin cheese and cap the "pie" and grill over a low heat until golden. Heaven.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It is practically impossible to turn down Calves liver and bacon with mash and a rich gravy on a menu.

Sausage and mash with onion gravy.

Cold meat, mash and beans on Boxing day.. come on people !

Pie and Mash... its never ending how awesome mash is :)

Yoda

English & European
It is practically impossible to turn down Calves liver and bacon with mash and a rich gravy on a menu.

Not heard of the Boxing Day one but those others completely agree with as well and are making me hungry. :drool:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Just correcting your username for accuracy. :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Bake some jacket potatoes and remove all the flesh from inside. Fill the skins with a home-made Cottage Pie mixture. Mash the potato flesh with Boursin cheese and cap the "pie" and grill over a low heat until golden. Heaven.

that sounds well good :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To me this is winter food.

Mash potatoes wih small amount of butter, milk, salt and white pepper. Goes well with bangers or liver and onions. Or on top of fish pie with some grated cheese.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I put quite a lot in it. Always put mint in when boiling the potatoes, then after training tip them back in the hot pan and add Lee&Perrins, black pepper and oregano before mashing. Sometimes I put ketchup in before mashing as well.

Awesome with sausages and loads of onion gravy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here