Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mashed Potato,how do you like it and what with ?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sorry, a potato should be chipped, or roasted. The only good thing about mashed potato is the advert with little space men

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Milk and butter, then depending on the meat, horseradish or mustard. Onions if it is sausages. Lovely.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Stoemp.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mashed potato sandwich, made with crusty bread and lashings of black pepper. Food of the gods

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Milk, butter, salt, black pepper. Onion gravy. With sausages. Roll on the winter.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I do love normal mash.
But have tried making mash with different combo's of normal potato, Sweet Potato, carrot, butternut squash, parsnip and celariac.
Lovely stuff :)

Yes, Sweet potato can make a fine alternative to your normal spuds.
Much the same as others. Bangers, pies, peas, onions and gravy, oh and I love bubble & squeak.
Nice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Clapshot.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No-one has mentioned the wonderful combination of sautéed leeks, grated cheddar and mash as yet so I will.

Always like to drop a bit of cream/butter into the mix.

This reduces the 5 a Day healthiness index but WTF I'm probably dead in the next 10-15 years... :lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Hot, steamy and served with a woman.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No lumps served with Flemish Beef Stew and a glass of Chimay 9 or St. Barnardus 12 , marvellous !

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Stamppot.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Mashed until no/very little lumps. Teaspoon of butter, no milk, half a teaspoon of mustard and whip until creamy.

Serve with what ever you like. At the moment, it's bangers and mash for me, I love finding different types of SAUSAGE up here in Lincolnshire and have it probably too frequently that my girlfriend's bored of my cooking.

Lots of sausages, thick gravy with roasted onions in and a few splashes of Henderson's 'relish'. It's a sauce, but the northern *******s won't give in as they're too uncultured to know what a real relish is, but irrespective it's top.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
After the potatoes have been strained, put them back in the pot and with a sharp knife, dice. Add milk and butter (not spread, real butter). Mash with masher. Add mustard and creme de Brie, whisk vigorously with a fork for amazing mash. Serve with onion gravy, venison sausages and peas.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Mash with butter, a little milk, finely chopped onion and a good portion of the finely grated cheese of your choice.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone use a potato ricer? It's great for making sure there are no lumps.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here