Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mashed Potato,how do you like it and what with ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Rumbledethumps.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Mashed potato with macaroni cheese ......all mixed in.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
or Peer, but reds mash well too ... Desiree, Romana ... not sure I've got names right

Actually, yes, I use reds, better in my opinion. Also, love skin on mashed potato, no one has mentioned this yet. Lovely, especially with mustard or horseradish, milk/cream and butter.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Stamppot.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Lacking a masher or ricer, I once experimented with other kitchen equipment. I ended up having some success with an unplugged stick blender but it was still rather lumpy. "Why not blend it?" I thought. It certainly rid the mash of lumps but little did I know it had broken down the starch molecules and created something akin to wallpaper paste.

Terrible mash but a lesson in molecular gastronomy.

They tend to do that in France, tastes a lot better than it looks

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Mash potato mixed with a nob of butter, spoonful of grainy mustard and a splish of worcester sauce. Chuck in a handful of grated cheese and some chopped onion and/or chives and maybe a small amount of garlic puree.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Loads of real butter and properly seasoned with salt and black pepper. Add a bit of milk and a bit of double cream. Goes with ANYTHING. Depending what it's with add some crushed garlic ( works very well with sausages or liver ).

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Made into potato cakes and fried until the exterior is brown.

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Bake normal sized pots in their skins, roughly mash them, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and maybe mustard to make a surprisingly creamy textured mash - no need for milk or butter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mash and truffle gravy with my BBQ ribs and chicken.....yummy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here