Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit in the Premier League?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So when are we seeing the Brexit impact hitting UK football?

If anything with the latest transfer fees being banded about there seems to be an increase in the market, rather than a decrease, I know we effectively have 2 years until all is finalised, does Brexit not apply to top flight football or am I missing something?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all the big name, big transfer players would certainly be eligible for worker permits anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They are still arguing about EU citizens rights and I expect they will be for a while.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How were you expecting Brexit to affect top flight football? It's normal people's jobs and livelihoods that are at risk.

Stumpy Tim

I was thinking about this in the car yesterday. One thing I've never heard mentioned is the Bosman Ruling would go wouldn't it? Isn't that a ruling that came from the European Courts? Now that would change things for certain

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was thinking about this in the car yesterday. One thing I've never heard mentioned is the Bosman Ruling would go wouldn't it? Isn't that a ruling that came from the European Courts? Now that would change things for certain

The Bosnian rule covers the unlimited cap on overseas players as well I believe - guess it's up to the FA - which is a worry.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its made going to games a lot more affordable for Johnny Foreigner, and the locals will have less money for Sky Sports subscriptions and tickets. But that's probably about it

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
How were you expecting Brexit to affect top flight football? It's normal people's jobs and livelihoods that are at risk.

Not sure tbh, that's why I was asking, but expected some impact... Mainly because we've finally made it, thus some sick twist of fate!?

You hear in the media that a large amount of corporate companies were possibly pulling out of the U.K. Maybe this would impact on finances/sponsorships etc .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here