Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The same Huddersfield who's manager wonders on a tiny budget and got them up. Got a few kids in on loan and got the best out of them
Yes, them. What's your point?

Put it this way spence: If this was all 35 years ago, any Huddersfield stickers* in the Panini sets we'd PINCHED from Hurstpierpoint post office would all have ended up thrown in the bin.

*except the shiny club badge, obviously. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But we're after value (ow, look, the transfer windows shut...)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He isn't marmite, the vast majority of Derby fans had a certain opinion when he signed, now the vast majority have a different one. That's changing opinion, not division of it.

I'm not going to be the flag bearer for Tom Ince as if I'm his greatest fan, I just think he is a quality player that would improve on the squad we have. I hope we are seeking better as most seem to believe we are.

All of which is fine, I just happen to disagree with you. In the games I have seen Derby play (including the one where they have beaten us well), he's seemed a fairly peripheral figure. I think he's decent Championship player with a natural home at a club challenging for the play-offs.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I honestly believe they expect to go back down so are buying the top championship players to keep them in a strong position to be a 'yo-yo' club so they come up again

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thank God it was Hudds that came up and not Massive .

They'd be in for every world class player

At least Hudds look destined to be bottom 3 on evidence so far

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their signings so far seem to be the kind made by a team that:-

- Finished the previous season in19th.
- Started last season as favourites for relegation.
- Supplemented a poor side with loanees.
- Then surprised themselves by being promoted 6 weeks after the automatic places were settled.

TBH I expected more from Wagner, which may well be the signings still to come, as currently it appears he's following the standard English practise of either buying what you know or chasing English hype.

But coughing up the best part of £20m for 2 Championship players isn't a promising start.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Looks like Huddersfield are assembling a team that will challenge for promotion to the premier league in 2018-2019 season

Which I think is a very clever and realistic move for them. If they stay up they have defied all odds, if they don't then they're strong enough to challenge again in the Championship. Huddersfield weren't expected to compete last season, so the fact that they're posturing themselves to be there if they go down is sensible.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
From what I've seen so far Huddersfield are running to stand still. Fair enough as they have to due to the loan players they relied on last season.

But all they've actually done is spend £20m and their squad still isn't as strong as it was.

"Getting ahead"? What gives?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Huddersfield played with wingers last year and Ravij Van La Parra had a great season. His form was a surprise to me. He'd had a few games where he looked fairly useful on loan with us, but not useful enough for us to want to keep him.

At the risk of underestimating him again, I don't think he is going to be consistently successful at Premier League level. If Huddersfield are of the same view and don't plan to change styles, they need another right winger and Tom Ince is one of the best in the Championship, seems to be available and they can now afford him.

We wouldn't be spending big money in that area as we've not only got back the injured Solly March that RVLP was deputising for, but also the French bloke that we bought instead of RVLP, a bloke who turned out to be more than fairly useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here