Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Just signed Steve Mounie for a club record fee.
You have to feel sorry for the club who gain promotion through the playoff's like Huddersfield, gives them far less time to get their transfer deals done in time for the next season. How many signings is that now 7?

Yep they're certainly cracking on with it. Paying the money required to get the deals done quick, even if it means paying a few quid more than they could if they'd haggled on into July.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
"Down At The Mac" is totally buzzing with excitement at the moment due to the incomings which contrasts starkly with NSC which is patiently (by and large) waiting for more news.

Certainly making some decent signings,wouldn't be disappointed with any of the players that have joined Udders so far,the players Winstanley has lined are obviously much better,can't wait.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just signed striker Steve Mounie for a club record fee.
You have to feel sorry for the club who gain promotion through the playoff's like Huddersfield, gives them far less time to get their transfer deals done in time for the next season. How many signings is that now 7?
7 'reasonable' signings of which Mounie is the best.

But perhaps we want better than 'reasonable' ? ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just signed striker Steve Mounie for a club record fee.

It's a myth that being in the play offs means they should be behind us. Its not too much of a stretch if you know you're likely to be Top 6 to start planning ahead.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although I have no idea who we'll end up with I'd not be that impressed if we'd signed any of the players who have signed for Huddersfield.

For once don't agree with you.

Although I think Mooy was overpriced, definitely would have taken him. Williams on a free? Proper 'destroyer' and decent cover.

Ince? Comfortably better than Murphy and Skalak, plus versatile in terms of no 10 role.

The others not so sure about, but IMO those three would have improved us (at this moment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Certainly making some decent signings,wouldn't be disappointed with any of the players that have joined Udders so far,the players Winstanley has lined are obviously much better,can't wait.

But you'll have to...

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Good to see Mounié finally over the line, he will be huge for us this season.
Very likely that Malone will be announced today as well (as competition with Lowé for left back), especially as its the first day of pre-season training.

An interesting rumour, that appears to have a lot of validity (came from the Danish press), going round last night is that Mathias Jørgensen is on his way - CB and captain from Copenhagen. Looks like an absolute unit and has Champions League experience.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's a myth that being in the play offs means they should be behind us. Its not too much of a stretch if you know you're likely to be Top 6 to start planning ahead.

Agree.

By March you've got a good idea of where you're possibly going to finish. Anyone in and around the top 10 with a decent shot of playoffs or auto would be drawing up lists of players for eacg eventuality.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah all credit to Town for getting the majority of the business done early and for the most part signing very well.

I think that the flip side of quick, 'bulk' buying is something of a trade off in terms of a) fees and wages paid - it shows less negotiating time has been taken and b) some of the targets acquired may not have been the absolute best they could have hoped for; as they would have been the ones holding out for the best deals/clubs possible. Though as our visitng friends have pointed out Wagner may feel that a full pre-season squad mitigates that.

FWIW I reckon they've recruited well by and large. I've question marks over Ince, but the rest are either no-brainers (Mooy, Palmer, Mounie) or decent acquisitions (Depoitre, Williams).

I certainly don't think it should be cause for any wet beds in Brighton though.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
As others have said, they have done well with the signings they have made, but lets not forget they needed to improve more than us. Think they will be very competitive next year, but we still have plenty of time to build and improve our team. I am sure we will be making more signings before the season starts and no doubt up until the deadline of the transfer window. Would be nice to get the team all set and ready now, but it doesn't work like that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Would be nice to get the team all set and ready now, but it doesn't work like that.

Haven't Huddersfield showed that it can work like that?

All of the critical drivel on here about their signings as if we're after a grade or two higher is going to come back to bite us I feel. I would have taken Mooy, Ince, Williams and Mounie.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
we could learn a lot from Huddersfield, making some good signings and not afraid to spend the clubs money. shame we are getting left behind. all a bit embarrassing for us.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
For once don't agree with you.

Although I think Mooy was overpriced, definitely would have taken him. Williams on a free? Proper 'destroyer' and decent cover.

Ince? Comfortably better than Murphy and Skalak, plus versatile in terms of no 10 role.

The others not so sure about, but IMO those three would have improved us (at this moment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we've signed a number 10?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not getting this at all. Huddersfield's squad was FAR weaker than ours. They've needed to get bodies in to just get near what we have.
I'm absolutely delighted with two high quality players we have signed so far.

Huddersfield have signed:
Mooy (so no addition to what they already had and cost £10m)
Danny Williams (how underwhelmed would we be with him!?)
Tom Ince (meh £10m),
Depoitre- Has scored 1 goal in the last calendar year, before that he was scoring 12 goals in the Belgian league. NSC wouldn't have that and cost £3.5m

Mounie looks a good signing. So I would classify that as them strengthening their squad (which was weaker than ours) and 1 quality signing for £34m outlay
We have started with a stronger squad and have made 2 quality signings for £8m

I don't get the worry at all. Oh actually, I do. It happens every year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here