Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not getting this at all. Huddersfield's squad was FAR weaker than ours. They've needed to get bodies in to just get near what we have.
I'm absolutely delighted with two high quality players we have signed so far.

Huddersfield have signed:
Mooy (so no addition to what they already had and cost £10m)
Danny Williams (how underwhelmed would we be with him!?)
Tom Ince (meh £10m),
Depoitre- Has scored 1 goal in the last calendar year, before that he was scoring 12 goals in the Belgian league. NSC wouldn't have that and cost £3.5m

Mounie looks a good signing. So I would classify that as them strengthening their squad (which was weaker than ours) and 1 quality signing for £34m outlay
We have started with a stronger squad and have made 2 quality signings for £8m

I don't get the worry at all. Oh actually, I do. It happens every year.

They've also re-signed Palmer on loan - rules out them signing Brown on loan again.

They've also got some goalkeeper on loan from Mainz, and are by all accounts close to signing Malone from Fulham who I think is hugely overrated.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Standard NSC, one extreme or the other. They're either merely making signings to catch up with our greatness or they're signing the invincibles.

The truth lies somewhere in between. I'd say their squad is now pretty decent and on par with our own, aside from the unknown quantity that is Knockaert in the PL which could give us the edge.

I guess people are concerned that the playoff winners have managed to catch up to us, promoted in mid April, in a very short space of time to have their squad ready for a full pre-season. While we get articles from Naylor suggesting that we can't judge our transfer dealings until September 1st. It's not irrational to be concerned and certainly not 'bedwetting'.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Haven't Huddersfield showed that it can work like that?

All of the critical drivel on here about their signings as if we're after a grade or two higher is going to come back to bite us I feel. I would have taken Mooy, Ince, Williams and Mounie.

I guess it kinda does! We have signed Gross and Ryan already, lets not forget that.

The job of building the squad isn't done yet, and we can only compare dick sizes, I mean squads once the transfer window is shut.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
“You mustn’t panic,” said Chris Hughton. “It’s not about just filling the numbers. What is important is getting in who you want, and if that takes a bit longer, so be it.”

Yeah, I'm going to this bloke.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
If I'm honest all of the Huddersfield signings would get into our squad....Ince, Mooy, Williams and Mounie would all be good acquisitions. The fact they have done business early and the team have more time to Gel is even more beneficial! TBH I'm jealous of the business Huddersfield have done.
Also those saying Huddersfield have a FAR weaker squad than us, they embarrassed us and turned us over towards the end of last season at there gaff and the team will only be stronger now they have added to the squad! We need to pull our head out of the sand, take notice and make some major signings, or else the long awaited journey to the promised land may well be very short lived!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If I'm honest all of the Huddersfield signings would get into our squad....Ince, Mooy, Williams and Mounie would all be good acquisitions. The fact they have done business early and the team have more time to Gel is even more beneficial! TBH I'm jealous of the business Huddersfield have done.
Also those saying Huddersfield have a FAR weaker squad than us, they embarrassed us and turned us over towards the end of last season at there gaff and the team will only be stronger now they have added to the squad! We need to pull our head out of the sand, take notice and make some major signings, or else the long awaited journey to the promised land may well be very short lived!

Their signing of Ince is the equivalent of us signing Gross. Them signing Mooy is the equivalent of Dale Stephens signing a new contract. Their goal scoring record was poor last season so needed strikers, hence Mounie and Depoitre. We will likely strengthen in this area too but our need was not as great as theirs. Williams is a decent signing, but between Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell, Norwood, Gross it's not exactly a high priority position for us to strengthen in this window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Their signing of Ince is the equivalent of us signing Gross. Them signing Mooy is the equivalent of Dale Stephens signing a new contract. Their goal scoring record was poor last season so needed strikers, hence Mounie and Depoitre. We will likely strengthen in this area too but our need was not as great as theirs. Williams is a decent signing, but between Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell, Norwood, Gross it's not exactly a high priority position for us to strengthen in this window.
Absolutely right.

The signings of Ince, Mooy and Williams haven't stolen a march on us, but they are now ahead on strikers. Let's see who we bring in up front.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Wow they are splashing the cash, not sure if this is a sign of intent or at the very least buying players with a sell on value which is I am thinking sensible.

Derby County's former England Under-21 winger Tom Ince is set to sign for Premier League newcomers Huddersfield Town, reports BBC Derby Sport.

The Rams have rejected a bid of about £7m for the 25-year-old.

But last season's Championship play-off winners are understood to be prepared to go closer to Derby's £10m valuation.

Ince joined the Rams for £4.75m in July 2015 after a loan spell, and has played in the top flight with Crystal Palace and Hull City.

It doesn't surprise me that they are signing everyone as I don't support them! If I did they wouldn't be doing any business..,..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Whether they needed to sign more players than us or not, it's the fact they are signing players is the important part.

They are getting business done and getting the players they want.

That's all that matter really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whether they needed to sign more players than us or not, it's the fact they are signing players is the important part.

Not if the players they are signing are vastly overpriced and bought in desperation. and nobody else was prepared to pay the price asked.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not if the players they are signing are vastly overpriced and bought in desperation. and nobody else was prepared to pay the price asked.

They got who they wanted. They can now get all those players acclimatised and to gel in training and practice games. That's a very good thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For once don't agree with you.

Although I think Mooy was overpriced, definitely would have taken him. Williams on a free? Proper 'destroyer' and decent cover.

Ince? Comfortably better than Murphy and Skalak, plus versatile in terms of no 10 role.

The others not so sure about, but IMO those three would have improved us (at this moment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, indubitably the players Huddersfield have signed would probably get in to our first current team. However I am expecting us to sign much better, hence my comment that i would not have been that thrilled with any of their signings. If the signings we make turn out to be last minute panic buys I might reconsider my comments :smile:

Anyway I am assured that everything is in hand and I don't need to even consider changing my bed linen yet.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Maybe the players we want are of a higher calibre. Deals for higher quality players will take longer/come at the end of the transfer window as there will be more competition. Fools rush in...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

£8m for Mooy is hardly overpriced.

£11m for a 22 year old who scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't seem bad value either.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good signings that would be borderline good enough to sneak into our 11 behind 8 or 9 better players (before we've done our business).

It's possible for them to have done well........ without that meaning we won't do just as well or better and be even futher ahead squad wise of them than we are today.

They have caught us up 3 steps or so in the past week but they were 5 or 6 behind us at the tail end of the season and then went back another couple by loosing their loan players.
By comparison we may have taken only 1 step forward so far probably with our business but could take many, many more and have spent much less so it's hardly a worry for many weeks yet. Plus that still leaves us 5 or 6 ahead of them.

Fingers crossed we both stay up and some of the establishing, but dodgy Prem teams like Watfords and Swanseas plummit (along with palarse obviously). They are both signing young, English players so interesting to see the results our approach produces come first game of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here