Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He is literally a poor mans Knockaert. Left footed player who plays on the right and cuts in a lot. Difference being Knockaert is miles more consistent, scores more and gets more assists. Glad we are not in for him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looks like Huddersfield are assembling a team that will challenge for promotion to the premier league in 2018-2019 season
Yes but we had the oldest squad last season....These will need replacing soon and will cost a lot while Huddersfield have a pretty young squad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like father like son, nasty bit of work so not for us

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Surprised at the slagging both Moy & Ince are getting. Both are very good players and Moy was one of the best in the championship and helped Huddersfield boss us in both games we played against them. Ince is very different player , perhaps gone down hill from his Blackpool days but still very good and a potential game changer. I don't think he would be a starter but someone you would bring on if you need to have a different front format.

people are saying he's Pl or he's Championship, to me the bottom 10 clubs in PL are not very different from top 10 in the championship so I am not sure that argument stands up especially as most of our players are 'championship' players. There might be better out there but getting them is the problem. The biggest issue though is we need to sign a decent fast striker.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Surprised at the slagging both Moy & Ince are getting. Both are very good players and Moy was one of the best in the championship and helped Huddersfield boss us in both games we played against them. Ince is very different player , perhaps gone down hill from his Blackpool days but still very good and a potential game changer. I don't think he would be a starter but someone you would bring on if you need to have a different front format.

people are saying he's Pl or he's Championship, to me the bottom 10 clubs in PL are not very different from top 10 in the championship so I am not sure that argument stands up especially as most of our players are 'championship' players. There might be better out there but getting them is the problem. The biggest issue though is we need to sign a decent fast striker.

Assume you didn't go to the home game against Huddersfield then ?

They were top of the league at that point and were dire... wasted time from minute one and at no point bossed us.

This, a lot of rewriting history in WT's post. We were much the better side in the home game, Huddersfield did not open us up once, a few shots from outside the box and one troublesome cross. If you had asked anyone who was at the game if we should sign Aaron Mooy they would have said "Who"?

Mooy has had ONE good season at Championship level. If he is worth £10m, then Stevens is worth £20m. He is a decent player but as I have said elsewhere he is worse than what we have already.

As to Ince, I can see why they signed him but I have seen him let his full back run past him too many times to think he is ever a player to sign in a relegation scrap. Too lazy and does not take responsibility.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This, a lot of rewriting history in WT's post. We were much the better side in the home game, Huddersfield did not open us up once, a few shots from outside the box and one troublesome cross. If you had asked anyone who was at the game if we should sign Aaron Mooy they would have said "Who"?

Mooy has had ONE good season at Championship level. If he is worth £10m, then Stevens is worth £20m. He is a decent player but as I have said elsewhere he is worse than what we have already.

As to Ince, I can see why they signed him but I have seen him let his full back run past him too many times to think he is ever a player to sign in a relegation scrap. Too lazy and does not take responsibility.

It's not a done deal yet.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Assume you didn't go to the home game against Huddersfield then ?

They were top of the league at that point and were dire... wasted time from minute one and at no point bossed us.

Went to the game and was not impressed by their lack of desire to win as they were top at that point but we were no better we just got lucky. I went away from that game thinking why did n't they go up a gear. I think they were scared off of us but we did not dominate the game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Did n't think we were much better at all we were finding it difficult but got lucky.... the main gist of my post though was that people are slagging off Moy & Ince when in reality they are good players and certianlg better than some of our current midfield options.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes but we had the oldest squad last season....These will need replacing soon and will cost a lot while Huddersfield have a pretty young squad.

younguns

Ryan 22
Dunk 25
Duffy 25
Goldson 24
Knockaert 25
March 23
Skalak 25
Gross 26
Norwood 26

prime

Bong 29
Stephens 29
Kayal 29
Murphy 28
Baldock 28
Hemed 30

old uns

Bruno 36
Sidwell 34
Hunemeier 31
Rosenior 32
Murray 33

well-balanced to me

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Went to the game and was not impressed by their lack of desire to win as they were top at that point but we were no better we just got lucky. I went away from that game thinking why did n't they go up a gear. I think they were scared off of us but we did not dominate the game.

Didn't say we were much better

My point was the idea that Mooy bossed us at any part of that game is rubbish

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
younguns

Ryan 22
Dunk 25
Duffy 25
Goldson 24
Knockaert 25
March 23
Skalak 25
Gross 26
Norwood 26

prime

Bong 29
Stephens 29
Kayal 29
Murphy 28
Baldock 28
Hemed 30

old uns

Bruno 36
Sidwell 34
Hunemeier 31
Rosenior 32
Murray 33

well-balanced to me

Well happy with this.

Still expecting/hoping a wildcard assassin striker to appear out of TM's magic hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here