Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hoyle and Wagner getting on with it, spending heavily on quality, giving a full pre season for the new players and tactics.

They're not going to die wondering what might have been.

They might be the surprise 'Bournemouth' package.

Investing serious in players is the only way to stay in the PL.

What's incredible is that effectively we had a 6 week head start on them in the certainty of our new status and finances.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoyle and Wagner getting on with it, spending heavily on quality, giving a full pre season for the new players and tactics.

What's incredible is that effectively we had a 6 week head start on them in the certainty of our new status and finances.

The head start bullshit is just that when you are waiting until after the season starts to complete your squad, which we will apparently be doing according to Hughton. No need to worry though everything will be fine..

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The point I'm making is that a number of their signings were players they already know very well. So it's a fair amount easier to just get on with the negotiations :)

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Yes, but they did spend all of last season 'scouting' most of those signings.

What are you on about? Our head of football operations joined us just over a month ago, the previous one judas'd to Norwich in the season run in (lol). No one could even dream that we could possibly have been in this situation. Christ there's some nonsense spouted on this thread hahaha.

Wagner just knows what he wants and Hoyle is supporting him. It's not that complicated.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
What are you on about? Our head of football operations joined us just over a month ago, the previous one judas'd to Norwich in the season run in (lol). No one could even dream that we could possibly have been in this situation. Christ there's some nonsense spouted on this thread hahaha.

Wagner just knows what he wants and Hoyle is supporting him. It's not that complicated.

I'm just going to put my two pennorth in.

Do you think if one Head Of Football Operations leaves and a new one joins there is not anything for the new one to work on or do you think this 'one man operation' just upped and took his filing cabinets with him?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

No offence meant, I was being faecetious regarding the fact that some of the signings are of previous loan players, hence Hudds already knew them very well and didn't need to do any homework on capabilities. :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I see Huddersfield are 'getting ready' for the Premier League. As we were Premier League 'ready' circa 2014, well, why worry?

We're a bit like a games console developer that has opted to delay and delay and delay release of our 'cutting edge' machine. Alas when our CD32 hits the shops, I fear it may be relegated to the bargain bin come January.

I jest in a japery way of yore...

When our ageing and creaking finery hits the pitch, it is the premier league that had better be ready. Experience of failure in the top flight is clearly the recipe for our success. After all it's the last thing plucky little Bournemouth would expect.

None of this makes any sense to me.

Then again, I am very old.

Hark! I hear the Match of the day theme somewhere in the distance.. turn it down will you?!? I'm trying to make sense of the channel 5 FLS title sequence... seriously, what the ****ery is going on?!? This is disturbing.

That's the reality Chris, Tony and Paul.

Please stop this from happening :)

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please stop talking shit. All Hefele has is being tall and dominant. His weakness is his speed... :/

Perseus is know for talking shite on here...he was the person who nearly derailed the Falmer works by banging on incessantly about penge or whatever the place was called where we ended up building the training facility.

He may seem a fun guy, but others of us know better....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Can't really argue with this, definitely making their intentions clear early on.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
They had so many loan players last season they have to splash the cash, just to have the same team even. I'm neither surprised nor impressed they are spending tbh.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
And Bloom apparently took an advance payment of the sky loot via a Barclays Bank scheme thought to be in the region of £90m 4 days after the last game!

Maybe to claw back part of the £200+ big ones he's forked out from his own pocket! Think that's allowed.

Anyway no one really knows what's going on behind closed doors transfer wise but CH maybe showing faith in the team that got us promoted. I'm all for that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree with this post.

We had a 6 week start over Huddersfield on being certain of promotion. Everyone knows that behind the scenes, in talks with agents and more, transfer business is getting done long before the window officially opens. Huddersfield had absolutely no certainty until the 29th May.

Whether we prefer the Albion model of patience, or the Huddersfield model of getting on with it, theirs gives a full pre season with he enlarged squad.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Last season we signed 14 players over summer and only one didn't make the grade (Ivan Paurevic). In fact 10 of the 14 players at Wembley were brought in last season...Wagner does know what he's doing, he ain't no Dale Winton.

Anyway, Mathias Jorgensen will be announced today :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More interested in our future signings than Huddersfield's to be brutally honest.

So with that, all that remains is to wish them good luck against Palace on the opening day.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here