Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Put it this way, if it was a game of poker, udders have just gone all in before the flop and turned their cards over, while the lizard is sitting pretty with a pile of chips and cards no-one has seen.

And the hand they have turned over is probably no better than a pair or pocket 10's.

I know who i'd be backing in the situation.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
£8m for Mooy is hardly overpriced.

£11m for a 22 year old who scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't seem bad value either.

Mooy I disagree with. Think he was a lot for a player with one year of experience in European football (and that in the second level). The French striker, Mounier, is the only one I actually would really have liked us to sign. Doesn't mean we'll get better, just that I wouldn't have been delighted with any of the others.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
We lost to Preston North End as well.

I also think they have a far weaker squad than ours.

Yeah but ultimately Huddersfield achieved the same as us last year...Promotion! We didn't win the title and nor did they, so both squads achieved the same goal and yet they are supposedly FAR weaker than us??? On aggregate over the two games we played against them they came out on top and I have to say they were the best team I saw last season against us when we lost (I appreciate it was a different story when they came to our place) My point is they are not as far behind us as everyone such as yourself is making out!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yeah but ultimately Huddersfield achieved the same as us last year...Promotion! We didn't win the title and nor did they, so both squads achieved the same goal and yet they are supposedly FAR weaker than us??? On aggregate over the two games we played against them they came out on top and I have to say they were the best team I saw last season against us when we lost (I appreciate it was a different story when they came to our place) My point is they are not as far behind us as everyone such as yourself is making out!

Are you serious? We got 12 points more than them over the course of the season. That suggests we were clearly stronger than them last season. It means nothing come August but suggests we had a stronger starting point.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Are you serious? We got 12 points more than them over the course of the season. That suggests we were clearly stronger than them last season. It means nothing come August but suggests we had a stronger starting point.

If we finish 12 points clear of them next season, we've probably gone ok.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The addition of a couple of Reading and Derby squad players, and turning a couple of loans into permanents surprisingly enough hasn't impressed the bookmakers.

Source: Relegation Odds today via Oddschecker...

huddersfield.png

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
They're doing exactly what we'd have done if we'd gone up in 2015/16. They are playing catch up. However, they have a good manager and a Championship team spirit. I like the look of Mounie too. Good luck to them - seem like a good club with a local, mad fan chairman.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The addition of a couple of Reading and Derby squad players, and turning a couple of loans into permanents surprisingly enough hasn't impressed the bookmakers.

Source: Relegation Odds today via Oddschecker...

View attachment 86883

Or, alternatively, they are laying enough of the current price to not have to push it out yet. Or that market is far from being a priority for them this far out to make daily changes. You could play devil's advocate anyway and say you can't get bigger than 11/8 about them staying up...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Or, alternatively, they are laying enough of the current price to not have to push it out yet. Or that market is far from being a priority for them this far out to make daily changes. You could play devil's advocate anyway and say you can't get bigger than 11/8 about them staying up...

They've bought the type of player you'd expect them to buy, but obviously done well to get most of their business done early.
Its not going to make much of a difference to the verdict of (most) pundits or bookmakers. Relegation fodder.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They're doing exactly what we'd have done if we'd gone up in 2015/16. They are playing catch up. However, they have a good manager and a Championship team spirit. I like the look of Mounie too. Good luck to them - seem like a good club with a local, mad fan chairman.

I don't wish them any luck at all. I want to see them battered every week and then we only need to stay ahead of another 2 sides

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't wish them any luck at all. I want to see them battered every week and then we only need to stay ahead of another 2 sides

I think he meant good luck, so long as we are safe. I can think of quite a few clubs I'd rather see go down than Huddersfield. Probably around 18 of them.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They've bought the type of player you'd expect them to buy, but obviously done well to get most of their business done early.
Its not going to make much of a difference to the verdict of (most) pundits or bookmakers. Relegation fodder.

I am less convinced they are sure to go down tbh. The 11/10 that one smaller firm (Betway) offered has skewed this anyway as anyone who could get on would have done so then. I'd rather look at the spreads at this stage anyway and they have them at 32-33.5 points which would not be tailed off but likely relegated, sure. I have mentioned elsewhere about continuity so them securing Mooy and Palmer is more important than some think (imo.) I have never seen Mounie or Depoitre so I have no idea if they are good signings but they definitely needed more quality up front and I'd be surprised if Mounie is a downgrade on Wells. I don't think anyone could sensibly argue that they are not slightly more likely to stay up given their business so far could they? Fair play to Hudds.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016

I think you answered your own question, it means nothing come August and yes I am serious I don't think their squat is FAR weaker than ours and that's all I said. To suggest we are miles ahead of Huddersfield in terms of squad is incorrect!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I think he meant good luck, so long as we are safe. I can think of quite a few clubs I'd rather see go down than Huddersfield. Probably around 18 of them.

The "good luck" was said in the round and more aimed at their chairman. If they happen to be our main rivals in anyway next season, I hope they suffer extreme bad luck and complete Shyster-itis.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Put it this way, if it was a game of poker, udders have just gone all in before the flop and turned their cards over, while the lizard is sitting pretty with a pile of chips and cards no-one has seen.

And the hand they have turned over is probably no better than a pair or pocket 10's.

This in spades (no pun intended). TB, PW and CH are a good team IMO, balancing football knowledge, great research and fine negotiating skills. Udders are doing the unscientific approach: chuck a few players in the mix, stir gently and hope Wagner can make a good dish out of it. And he might, but I prefer the scientific approach of Albion.

Inevitably we have the panickers on other threads, and yes, of course it would be nice to get all the business done now, but the system just doesn't work like that, most clubs buy several games into season because of the deadline date. And let's face it - two of our better signings (Baldock and Duffy) were signed back end of August.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we'd already signed 7 players we'd still have fans crying when we don't sign anyone on deadline day. I mean, what's the point in football if you don't sign a player on deadline day?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good luck to Hudders,but even better luck to us!:albion2:

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

What a terrible analogy. We're talking about building a team here, which takes time to gel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here