Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abraham bribed by Swansea

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If this £1million payment to familly , agents and friends goes ahead surely its an inducement of sorts? Its poor behaviour at the very worst.
It appears to be a dirty world in the Premier league.
Hopefully we have some deals on the table which wont be gazumped by others when they find out what we re up to .
Worrying a bit at the moment. But i am sure they know what they are doing !!

Weird thread. I have read nothing which says he has actually signed for Swansea, never mind what the deal is. It's sad that people are casting aspersions when we don't even know what's happening yet

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't live in the world of premier league football. £1m is nothing.

Now there is a throwaway line, if ever I saw one.
To put the football pyramid into context, this bait that Swansea have chucked at ' family Abraham ' would pay a seasons wages for half a team at Div 2 level. To refer to a million quid as nothing or peanuts sums up what football has become. A greedy, grubby sport, atttracting the worst type of leech, all desperate to ride the gravy train to the end of the line. At the moment, football doesn't look like derailing. Just crashing on through the buffers at ever increasing speed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is this news? I've not got much time for anything Crystal Palace-related but I've got a lot of sympathy for them over Spurs stealing John Bostock where I think Spurs put loads of pressure on his parents, including buying them a new house if Bostock switched clubs. Simon Jordan was fully entitled to be furious about how Spurs, Bostock's family and then the FA tribunal all behaved. The whole system is rotten to the core but we've no choice but to play along with it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You're not a Brighton supporter, then? Ah, ok. Pompey?

Seriously?

I will point out that Nathan Ake has just moved for £20m, Jordan Pickford for £30m, Mooy for £10m, Will Hughes for £7m, Harry Maguire for £17m and Michael Keane is about to move for £25m. Jermain Defoe at 34 has just moved with a £8m signing on fee and £65,000 a week wages. And these players are not moving to top clubs, they're going to sides we will need to be be competing against.

I repeat what I said, £1m is nothing in the premier league these days and we need to readjust our thinking. Strikers, which we desperately need, are particularly expensive and hard to get hold of. If we want to compete then we need to spend what will seem like massive money to us or we will be going straight down. If the club are happy with that then fine and you're right, it's not my money but after years of trying to get there it would be a shame if we didn't at least try to compete a bit.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Loved him, thought he would be a key signing for us if we got him 4 weeks ago. However since then has shown to be mentally weak and too money driven for the harmony of our squad. Given his total lack of Premier League experience, I'm not as disappointed as I would have been a month ago.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Now there is a throwaway line, if ever I saw one.
To put the football pyramid into context, this bait that Swansea have chucked at ' family Abraham ' would pay a seasons wages for half a team at Div 2 level. To refer to a million quid as nothing or peanuts sums up what football has become. A greedy, grubby sport, atttracting the worst type of leech, all desperate to ride the gravy train to the end of the line. At the moment, football doesn't look like derailing. Just crashing on through the buffers at ever increasing speed.

You're right and I'm not saying I agree with it. I don't like how corporate and greedy football has become at all. But I am a realist also, if we want to stay in this world, which I gather the club and most fans do, we need to spend money or we will be straight back down.

We are paid an absolute fortune for being in the premier league. An extra £1m is less than 1% of what we will paid for just taking part this season, let alone extra sponsorship/ticket money etc. I don't think that's a lot for a striker who could score the goals that keep us up. Yes he is unproven at this level but looks massively promising and every signing carries an element of risk. Our recruitment team who know more than all of us were obviously confident he could do the job.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is this news? I've not got much time for anything Crystal Palace-related but I've got a lot of sympathy for them over Spurs stealing John Bostock where I think Spurs put loads of pressure on his parents, including buying them a new house if Bostock switched clubs. Simon Jordan was fully entitled to be furious about how Spurs, Bostock's family and then the FA tribunal all behaved. The whole system is rotten to the core but we've no choice but to play along with it.

That was a joke - the whole youth system needs changing.

No protection

I'm glad Sessegnon signed a new deal with Fulham

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Not too stressed about this and the silver lining is that Swansea may not now be in for any other striker we want.
Might not be the case with their main striker(Llorente?) just breaking his arm in a cycling accident.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously?

I will point out that Nathan Ake has just moved for £20m, Jordan Pickford for £30m, Mooy for £10m, Will Hughes for £7m, Harry Maguire for £17m and Michael Keane is about to move for £25m. Jermain Defoe at 34 has just moved with a £8m signing on fee and £65,000 a week wages. And these players are not moving to top clubs, they're going to sides we will need to be be competing against.

I repeat what I said, £1m is nothing in the premier league these days and we need to readjust our thinking. Strikers, which we desperately need, are particularly expensive and hard to get hold of. If we want to compete then we need to spend what will seem like massive money to us or we will be going straight down. If the club are happy with that then fine and you're right, it's not my money but after years of trying to get there it would be a shame if we didn't at least try to compete a bit.

It was a tongue in cheek comment about Pompey's spending and your location. Bunging a family £1M to sign for a specific club is not value for money.
It is starting to get very murky, and no wonder HMRC are raiding clubs' offices.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weird thread. I have read nothing which says he has actually signed for Swansea, never mind what the deal is. It's sad that people are casting aspersions when we don't even know what's happening yet

How long have you been on NSC???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's been back a few days now, suprised he has not signed for Swansea as yet... maybe 2nd 3rd and 4th thoughts again.....

Either that or he has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I wonder if he's ever been to Swansea to see what a shi*hole it is. He could have done so much better but having watched him for the under 21s I don't think he would be up to a season in the premier league.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if he's ever been to Swansea to see what a shi*hole it is. He could have done so much better but having watched him for the under 21s I don't think he would be up to a season in the premier league.

I don't think he'll be living in a flat in the High Street above a kebab shop though, to be fair.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This sort of creeping professionalism is undermining the Corinthian ideals on which the Premier League was founded.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is just getting silly.

When players move for more money or to a bigger club, I always accept that if I was offered another job elsewhere for double my existing wage I would probably jump at the chance and just accept the player moving.
But effectively being seconded to another work branch and allegedly asking for and being granted £1m for friends and family should be a non starter. It is not something that happens in the real world. If he wants to help his family and friends that's not an issue, but do it out of his own wages and savings.

Its no longer money its just pure greed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here