Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth 9th best team in England

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
The tables don't lie. Southampton finished 8th and Bournemouth 9th last season. We were playing them both in div 1 very recently. Can we reach the same level as quickly.? I don't see why not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Please can you not mention Bournemouth without prefixing it with the word "Plucky"?

They really are a miracle club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The tables don't lie. Southampton finished 8th and Bournemouth 9th last season. We were playing them both in div 1 very recently. Can we reach the same level as quickly.? I don't see why not.

No chance whatsoever without some seriously good quality (and probably expensive) signings, which I very much doubt we will be making (although I live in hope that we will).

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
No chance whatsoever without some seriously good quality (and probably expensive) signings, which I very much doubt we will be making (although I live in hope that we will).

Exactly the Bournemouth fans were thinking

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Defoe on a free seems like good business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40051031

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe has re-signed for former club Bournemouth on a free transfer.

The England international, 34, who has signed a three-year deal, said: "It's great to be back. The one thing I can guarantee is goals."

"It was an easy decision, joining a top team with a top manager," added Defoe who scored 15 league goals last season.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Defoe on a free seems like good business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40051031

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe has re-signed for former club Bournemouth on a free transfer.

The England international, 34, who has signed a three-year deal, said: "It's great to be back. The one thing I can guarantee is goals."

"It was an easy decision, joining a top team with a top manager," added Defoe who scored 15 league goals last season.

20m in wages!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Outside of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool and Everton, It's so open.

Southampton in 8th were 6 points above Waford....in 17th

May 24, 2017
There is no point in worrying about Bournemouth tbh....the're so far ahead of us it's pointless thinking of them as rivals....we'd be much better off thinking about our relegation rivals...Huddersfield,Stoke,Watford and Newcastle.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think we have a mountain to climb next season. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

If we can survive, and that is a massive IF, then we could do as well as Bournemouth and better. First we have to perform well and if I'm honest, I don't believe our squad is as strong as Bournemouth's when they were facing their first season in the Premier League - not yet anyhow.

el punal

There is no point in worrying about Bournemouth tbh....the're so far ahead of us it's pointless thinking of them as rivals....we'd be much better off thinking about our relegation rivals...Huddersfield,Stoke,Watford and Newcastle.

There's no point in worrying about ANY team. We haven't even started the season and yet you're already putting us in the relegation mix. A bit of positivity, please. It's taken us 34 years to get back into the top tier, can we at least enjoy the moment?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Not worried about any team. Just saying how these teams have gone from 3rd tier to top ten and what do we have to do to match them.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There's no point in worrying about ANY team. We haven't even started the season and yet you're already putting us in the relegation mix. A bit of positivity, please. It's taken us 34 years to get back into the top tier, can we at least enjoy the moment?

He's a Bournemouth troll.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we spend what Bournemouth have spent year on year then we can certainly emulate them. I somehow doubt we'll come close to spending 60 odd million on players like they did.

Not getting relegated, whilst being entertaining in defeat, will do for me next season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You are so obviously a Bournemouth fan, time to come out?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The return of the NSC new member and Eddie Howe luvvie, but won't admit his Yawnmouth allegiance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we can somehow avoid the drop then it's possible but sadly the monies are on a Brighton,Burnley and Huddersfield relegation.
We don't have the funds to go to the next level and a Burnley mould is highly likely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here