Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady signs a new deal...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hope he does well. Always tried but was clearly limited and asked to play upfront in a rubbish team

A team where Rohan Ince played THIRTY EIGHT GAMES and Forster Caskey played 35 :lolol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Very best of luck to him.Spoke to him at Brentford a couple of years ago and seemed like a really decent bloke. I will never forget that goal against Arsenal in the FA cup.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hope he does well. Always tried but was clearly limited and asked to play upfront in a rubbish team

A team where Rohan Ince played THIRTY EIGHT GAMES and Forster Caskey played 35 :lolol:

Which probably says it all for all three players really. I still think that Chris O'Grady can offer a lot to teams that play a certain style of football though, i.e . to sides who have a more direct system than us.

After all he didn't score twenty odd goals in the Championship for Barnsley for nothing. It just wasn't to be with us unfortunately, but always a whole hearted player, and l wish him the very best of luck.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Went past the Bescote yesterday.The ball from his penalty miss is still on the roof.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes. Could have easily been bleating to the press, but went about his business in a professional manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst I have respect for him not mouthing off in the press, I also question whether anyone would have bothered to report it. And what would he have to complain about? He's made a fortune out of this club without contributing anything of any kind. He was a bad signing from the start, I bet he couldn't believe his luck we'd be stupid enough to offer him a 3 year contract on whatever he was being paid. And then we found him loan moves as well. Like a few from the Burke era, stole a living from the club.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Whilst I have respect for him not mouthing off in the press, I also question whether anyone would have bothered to report it. And what would he have to complain about? He's made a fortune out of this club without contributing anything of any kind. He was a bad signing from the start, I bet he couldn't believe his luck we'd be stupid enough to offer him a 3 year contract on whatever he was being paid. And then we found him loan moves as well. Like a few from the Burke era, stole a living from the club.

Yes, but we signed him. He didn't steal anything, there was never any indication that he didn't try his best, didn't faff about off the field etc etc. He was hardly a Liam Dickinson was he?

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That's very unfair, you make him out to be some kind of criminal. All he could do was try his best, and I'm sure that he did that. It was hardly his fault that things didn't work out for him or the club. But that's the way of it sometimes in football.

theboybilly

Say what you like about COG (I liked him) but he always gave 100%. It made me laugh when some said on here he was unfit. Yeah right. He offered good hold-up play but unfortunately we had nobody to take advantage. What a side that was - Ince, Forster-Caskey and Paddy McCourt. It just goes to show how good a job CH has done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here