• Where's the potato salad option?

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It can only be a matter of time until an artisanal 'slaw foodtruck pops up in Brighton.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Surprisingly, yes. I say surprisingly, because some 35 years ago I used to work at The Happy Eater that used to be at Hickstead, and the first job of the day was making tons and tons of the stuff, by hand, grating loads of cabbages and carrots for about the first 2 hours of each shift. Hated it. #RawKnuckles

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Surprisingly, yes. I say surprisingly, because some 35 years ago I used to work at The Happy Eater that used to be at Hickstead, and the first job of the day was making tons and tons of the stuff, by hand, grating loads of cabbages and carrots for about the first 2 hours of each shift. Hated it. #RawKnuckles

Gratifying to know that it was actually made rather than delivered in one of those giant tankers and then piped into each branch.

Happy Eater. Now there's a name I've not heard since....

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gratifying to know that it was actually made rather than delivered in one of those giant tankers and then piped into each branch.

Exactly what I thought too.

My faith in humanity has been restored this evening.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

They were great. Always much better than Little Chef.

298px-Happy_Eater.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Discovered it a bit late in life at about 19 years old and am trying to make up for lost time.
Can't stand the premade stuff here, as the dressing seems to be sweet and full of sugar, but homemade with Heinz salad cream..OOOOOOH!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Impossible question to answer. Good (often homemade) is a delightful addition to the plate. The stuff you are given in (most) fast food places is wet, vinegary shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here