Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most mental you have seen a crowd go at a gig? (VIDS)

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Apologies, not a video. but I was quite pleased of this picture I took when Sum 41 were playing Graspop in Belgium a couple of weeks ago.

cRKh2kc.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Madness at Brighton Centre just before Christmas early noughties. Crowd were in party mood to begin with, lots of fancy dress in evidence. Lights went down, Suggs' voice boomed out the long spoken intro to "One Step Beyond" and on finishing the intro. thunderflashes flashed, the band launched into the song and from the balcony we saw the Centre explode into good natured nuttiness, and it stayed that way for the next 80' or so.

Something like this then. Love this vid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfDxWcTg_W0

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Not the whole crowd but these gigs were seriously violent at times with seemingly unrelated fights breaking out throughout. Must have been a full moon or something but there was a real air of menace at all of them.

The Birthday Party -
Theatre of Hate supported by the Meteors - Westworld Tour
The Jam - Sound Effects Tour

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There was a Sex Pistols gig from The Brixton Academy on TV not so long ago, crowd went quite bonkers, but it was more about the content of the audience, lots of old punks but a real mix of different people, in a strange way i quite enjoyed it, even though its still a ******** noise.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Reading Rock Festival in 1978 was essentially a three day riot. John Peel was constantly bottled by the crowd as did a lot of the bands. Sham 69 was a full scale set to with the crowd on the stage and fighting in ghe crowd.

In one of the smallest venues in Brighton West Street - Siouxie and the Banshees was hot sweaty and full of spitting punks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Lurkers at the Nashville, Fulham, 1978. This was when a new influx of gig goers started coming to punk gigs, and the old 'grab anyone and go mental' routine resulted in outrage among the nebewbies, and fisticuffs.

That said, my ex wife was at Altamont when the Hells Angels killed a bloke :shrug:

For me, this looks like the scariest gig ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4X8gj5h0Y0

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There was a Sex Pistols gig from The Brixton Academy on TV not so long ago, crowd went quite bonkers, but it was more about the content of the audience, lots of old punks but a real mix of different people, in a strange way i quite enjoyed it, even though its still a ******** noise.

I was at Finsbury Park in 1996, the day after England beat Spain. We were toward the front and the most mental I've experienced.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Stranglers at Brighton Centre in about 1977. Naked woman on stage. Band members girlfriend I think. Guy with a live rat next to me. Everybody jumping up and down! Nuts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here