Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female teacher has sex with 17 year old student

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
As an ex-teacher who has been hit on by young women (I know, shock horror) who have been in my classes and it is an incredibly awful position to be put in as a young male. You have to be ultra careful never to be left alone with pupils, never to say anything that can be deemed inappropriate etc etc.

However, I can understand why there's a lot of temptation for teachers nowadays with youngsters increasingly sexualised due to social media and via the development of other media types. Furthermore, at times I was 23 years old teaching 18-19 year old A-Level students, and in any other situation, you wouldn't think twice about flirting with women that much younger - they can drink and go clubbing etc. Yet as a teacher, you always have a duty of care to those pupils and that does have to come first.

Ultimately though, and this is the most important thing to remember, no pussy is worth going to jail for.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I had a Hartley at Hove Park as a language teacher.
Slim blonde (English).
Early 2000's, I think she was in her mid 40's at the time.

Same lady?
I went to Hove Park upper mid to late 90's and she was early 40's then!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm siding with the non PC side here, I'm afraid. Lucky young sod! I'd have loved it if a pretty 24 year old had taken me in hand and shown me the ropes when I was seventeen!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm siding with the non PC side here, I'm afraid. Lucky young sod! I'd have loved it if a pretty 24 year old had taken me in hand and shown me the ropes when I was seventeen!

It's not a question of non PC. It's a question of illegality and instant dismissal, and probably barring from the Profession for life. Even if it was the young n who made all the running, you're still for it..... and wold deserve to be.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
silly lady. Abused her duty of care and won't work again it that profession i would imagine. A waste of many years training and it'll be hard to find a role on equivalent pay.

As for him. An opportunist who just didn;t care as the consequences were all on her side.

did they break the law ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As an ex-teacher who has been hit on by young women (I know, shock horror) who have been in my classes and it is an incredibly awful position to be put in as a young male. You have to be ultra careful never to be left alone with pupils, never to say anything that can be deemed inappropriate etc etc.

However, I can understand why there's a lot of temptation for teachers nowadays with youngsters increasingly sexualised due to social media and via the development of other media types. Furthermore, at times I was 23 years old teaching 18-19 year old A-Level students, and in any other situation, you wouldn't think twice about flirting with women that much younger - they can drink and go clubbing etc. Yet as a teacher, you always have a duty of care to those pupils and that does have to come first.

Ultimately though, and this is the most important thing to remember, no pussy is worth going to jail for.

Or willy in her case

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's not a question of non PC. It's a question of illegality and instant dismissal, and probably barring from the Profession for life. Even if it was the young n who made all the running, you're still for it..... and wold deserve to be.
No, you've got that wrong. If I was the lucky young sod, I wouldn't be 'still for' anything. I would just be dead chuffed. Yes, I do know all about the rules, thank you - I'm looking at it from the perspective of the 17year old lad.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The bird's been daft as she either knew it was her career/life down the drain and did it anyway or was too daft to understand the consequences. Either way, daft. But there's no way it should be a crime.

Those saying "but if it was your son....etc" c'mon. I'd give him some grief for not considering that it might screw her life up, but not for screwing her. What 17yr old would say no FFS? And it's hardly going to scar him for life, opposite actually, if anything....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

If you had a 17 year old daughter and her 24 year old teacher banged her would that make her a "lucky girl"?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's unprofessional and should in dismissal, exactly the same for undergraduate students too.

Postgraduate students are a more complex area.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The bird's been daft as she either knew it was her career/life down the drain and did it anyway or was too daft to understand the consequences. Either way, daft. But there's no way it should be a crime.

Those saying "but if it was your son....etc" c'mon. I'd give him some grief for not considering that it might screw her life up, but not for screwing her. What 17yr old would say no FFS? And it's hardly going to scar him for life, opposite actually, if anything....

What if it was your daughter?

Different rules?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But in this case, is it a crime against the 17 year old, as he is over the age of consent in Missouri or is it more a crime against the establishment?

It's nothing to do with the age, but everything to do with teacher/student relationships. If the 24 year old had a fling with a 17 year old away from the school environment, then nothing would happen to her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here