Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Run Clubs in England

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I've been telling my Premier League fan friends that we're right up there in terms of being one of the best run clubs in the country. I can't think of many better managed clubs.

We're new to this ridiculous financial scaling up but seem to be adjusting well so far. How are we doing?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we stay up the first year (which I think we will) then we'll really kick on, but until then will be cautiously optimistic.

Plus even if we do go down we'll still be the best run club at that level so in a fine situation.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If we stay up the first year (which I think we will) then we'll really kick on, but until then will be cautiously optimistic.

Plus even if we do go down we'll still be the best run club at that level so in a fine situation.

If we're talking purely about the finances, then not many non-football businesses would tolerate losses on the scale we've seen them at BHA in the Championship years, but then that was presumably always part of Tony's gamble about getting into the Premier League, which has paid off.

It of course remains to be seen whether now we're in the megabucks league whether we operate in a profitable way. Or if the model changes if we go down.

Football is a bizarre "industry", financially speaking. So talking about clubs being well run is fairly subjective. I like the way Tony runs ours, but then it's not me losing money.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I've been telling my Premier League fan friends that we're right up there in terms of being one of the best run clubs in the country. I can't think of many better managed clubs.

We're new to this ridiculous financial scaling up but seem to be adjusting well so far. How are we doing?

How can you define us as one of the 'best run' ? It's all subjective and dependent on priorities. The club isn't so much solvent as well serviced.

Yoda

English & European
If we're talking purely about the finances, then not many non-football businesses would tolerate losses on the scale we've seen them at BHA in the Championship years, but then that was presumably always part of Tony's gamble about getting into the Premier League, which has paid off.

Unless you're a club receiving mega bucks parachute payments from the Premier League then you're never going to make a profit in that league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We do seem to have our fair share of misconduct sackings.

( This may be a good thing, and a sign of being well run ).
True, controls in place to spot issues and then a mechanism (and will) to deal with them usually a good thing (keeps me in a job checking anyway)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

It of course remains to be seen whether now we're in the megabucks league whether we operate in a profitable way. Or if the model changes if we go down.

Football is a bizarre "industry", financially speaking. So talking about clubs being well run is fairly subjective. I like the way Tony runs ours, but then it's not me losing money.

I'd say Tony's plan hasn't paid off, as such. Yes we've reached the promised land and there's a few bob kicking around, but when we look at £15m for a Championship striker, wages of £20-£30k per week plus, wage bill of say £30-35m, a couple of signings at say £40m and a few loan fees etc it's not going to pay off all of that investment, I'd say stay up for at least three seasons, plus parachute money, to see that repaid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd say Tony's plan hasn't paid off, as such. Yes we've reached the promised land and there's a few bob kicking around, but when we look at £15m for a Championship striker, wages of £20-£30k per week plus, wage bill of say £30-35m, a couple of signings at say £40m and a few loan fees etc it's not going to pay off all of that investment, I'd say stay up for at least three seasons, plus parachute money, to see that repaid.

Tony's plan doesn't pay off until a current yoof player is sold to Manchester Utd for £100,000,000.

I write with only a little bit of hyperbole.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How many do you know of? I can think of only two in the last umpteen years, one, a previous team manager and, two, the club's commercial manager.
I can't be sure but wasn't there 2 misconduct sackings in the women's team management structure as well ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here