Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Adekugbe

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Picked in Canada senior squad. I assume we are not interested in signing him again for this coming season. Thought he looked pretty good and one for the future.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If U21 then a good punt.

However, he is older and would have to take a place in the 25 man squad, so not for us this season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is that actually possible?

Having being out with injury, he returned for the U-23s against Swansea City on February 6 - he lasted 15 minutes. He then made another return against Aston Villa on March 13 - and broke down after 10 minutes. As Chris Hughton said:-

... it's just trying to get to the bottom of it because he continually breaks down.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The best player in the MSL. Height is not an issue in the position he'd play - think Maradonna.

Bradley Wright-Phillips excels in the MLS. Yet no Premier League side would touch BWP. I hope that helps to explain why your Giovinco reasoning is incredibly flawed.

Also, you've put a Giovinco in the same sentence as Maradona. That should be a crime against football (which, incidentally, I've also just committed).

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bradley Wright-Phillips excels in the MLS. Yet no Premier League side would touch BWP. I hope that helps to explain why your Giovinco reasoning is incredibly flawed.

Also, you've put a Giovinco in the same sentence as Maradona. That should be a crime against football (which, incidentally, I've also just committed).

I guess you've never watched Giovinco. He's a different class completely.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Nonsense. The context was a height comparison and you know it.

The real crime against football is judging a player on his height. It's what the dinosaurs of the game do, those who believe football is all about attitude, effort, competitiveness and size.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I've said it before, if we want a player from a Canadian MLS team, it has to be Sebastian Giovinco from TFC. Another great display tonight. Whatever it takes...

I'd rather Alphonso Davies from the Whitecaps tbh. Only 16 and looks a real prospect. But as he's only just got Canadian citizenship I doubt he'll be going anywhere outside the MLS any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here